Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 13, 2006, 10:50 PM   #1

My first R1 taken of my granddaughter in my kitchen. I am not posting this to impress anyone but since it is my first R1 picture I am posting it just to let you know that I have the R1 in my hands and hopefully this will be the first of many thousands of photos from its lens. I have a lot to learn. I just started looking at the book today. It is quite a bit different that my F717. I still haven't figured out how to review a picture through the LCD :?but I will find out. Maybe Nicholas or Ria can give me a quick heads up on this. Anyway I am now starting a new chapter in my photographic life which started with a Sony FD-73 - then a Sony FD-91 - then a Sony CD 1000 - then the Sony F717 and now the R1. Do you think I am a loyal Sony customer? :roll: Hopefully I will not be looking around anytime soon for my next camera. Thanks all who helped me decide to go this route.

God Bless - Greg

Attached Images

wyomingwiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2006, 8:31 AM   #2

Congratulations on your R-1.

Just left of the rear dial, near the viewfinder is a button which puts you in review mode.

Now you are ready to photograph your wonderful baby from your knee level with the LCD on laying flat on top of the R1.

You will see some real good captures from that level. Made possible by the R-1. Please post them for us to enjoy.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 9:35 AM   #3

nickphoto123 wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations on your R-1.

Just left of the rear dial, near the viewfinder is a button which puts you in review mode.

Nicholas
Thanks Nicholas. I did find it shortly after I posted this last night. I have a feeling that I am going to really like this camera. Not to say that I will be a pro like you but I am very comfortable taking pictures that I and my family likes and I don't worry that it does not reach the level of the experts. Thanks again for your kind words.

God Bless - Greg
wyomingwiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 1:05 PM   #4

Almost forgot,

I m most comfortable with the R1 in vertical position and the LCD turned up as a waist level finder would be. This is good for toddlers as well.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 8:33 PM   #5

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I see your camera is here at last ... congratulations on your first R-1pic.May this be the first of many, many happy images ... can't wait to see more. Ria
RiaRia is offline   Reply With Quote