Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 30, 2006, 12:22 AM   #1

Hello to all, much like many other users of this site I too seem to be in need of sony's software for getting the movies off my camera and onto my pc. Could someone please point me in the direction of getting it. I read other posts on this subject but there seems to be no direct link to a site to download. Theres links to update sites but they're not much help if I don't have the original.

Any assistance is appreciated as I bought this camera for my vacation tommorow :P
djcrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:59 AM   #2

What you have is a Sony Camcorder (not a still camera). In all the Sony camcorders I have owned, NONE have come with software.

This is something you must purchase separately. Sony makes Vegas and Vegas Movie Maker and there is Adobe Premiere Elements, plus many others.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 2:58 AM   #3

Matter of fact SOny camcorders do come with software, Pocture Package & Imagebuilder are a couple. They are now online to download for free. Many people know this & have already downloaded it after losing their cd.
Tony vasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:06 AM   #4

Are you sure you mean a Sony (video) camcorder and not a Sony still digicam? The DCR-DVD403 is a video camcorder.

I just checked the included accessories for the DCR-DVD405 (403 is no longer available) and NO SOFTWARE is included.

It also just occured to me that this is a DVD camcorder. So to transfer the video to the PC should be as simple as placing the DVD into the tray of the DVD Drive in the computer and copying the files from the DVD to the hard disk.

These are probably MPEG2 format so editing is another matter entirely. The OP would need to seek out an MPEG2 compatable editing package.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:15 PM   #5

I have a similar problem. My disk actually cracked. I did not realize this until I got my new laptop. Could you please give us the URL for the download. The disk says Picture Package,Ver 1.8 for DVD Handycam.

Thank you very much,

professorpg
professorpg is offline   Reply With Quote