Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 15, 2007, 8:45 PM   #1

I have a DSC-W100 that I absolutely hate. I purchased this model after the wonderful reviews on this site and my love of my DSC-P150, which broke. After three weeks of having the camera I was sick of the horribly softened and blurred pictures. Every single picture I took of a person at any distance or lighting condition had an ugly soft appearance. I thought I had picked out a lemon at the store, so I returned the camera for a replacement of the same model. I have been using the second one for about 3 months and I hate it. The pictures of people are still horrid. I had a camera expert help me with different manual settings, ISO levels, etc. with no avail. Does anyone else know of a W100 with this problem. I thought the problem was a lack of stabilization software, but a tripod didn't even help. It seems that other people at CircuitCity.com have had the same issue.

" This is an 8 meg camera, and my 4 mg Sony camera takes a clearer and crisper picture. Rather, the colors seemed to blend where there shousd be more definition. I love Sony but this camera goes back to the store."

"Just upgraded to the 8.1 MP Sony from a 4.0 MP Olympus Camedia. While the features and size are impressive, the picture sharpness is very poor in comparison. A big disappointment for a former Sony fan"

Does anyone else have this issue? I think I am going to return the camera for something better by the end of the week... I attached a photo for an example of my issue. The picture was taken at 8mp on Auto. The picture is shown at 1:1.
Attached Images

Tiamet2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2007, 5:14 PM   #2

Does anyone know why my pictures look like that? Please reply...
Tiamet2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:25 PM   #3

Are you half-pressing the shutter button to lock focus? It looks like the picture is a little out of focus. Maybe try .5m or the 1m manual focus setting.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote