Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 27, 2003, 12:30 PM   #11

I registered on shutterfly.com and just received my free 15 4x6 prints. They were fantastic! Much better quality than Eckerds has done in the past. I used the 3:2 setting on the camera at 4.5mp. This way everything you see on your raw digital image is on the 4x6 print.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2003, 6:05 PM   #12

Gloria - It might be that your friend can't open your pics because Corel is set up as your default picture program. I've had occasional problems sending WP documents and the like to a couple of people who don't have Corel in their computers.

Have a fabulous vacation!

BTW Have you read "A Year In Provence" by Peter Mayle? If not, it's pretty entertaining.
kauinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 6:39 PM   #13

Hi,
I've been using the p-10 for two month now, and I still have no complains. I sould also mention that it survived twice when droped from more than one meter on parquet floor...
Fred (no) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2003, 8:13 AM   #14

Default Scenes on the Sony DSC P-10

I identified this camera as the closest to my needs and I did a lot of research (I have one Ricoh already and am not happy with it).

I had one on my hands, too, but still can not figure out how to get (if possible) a portrait (not: night-portrait!) setting. Portraits are important to me and I can not believe that Sony left this scene out, while implementing other 6 or so.

So can you please those os you who own this camera and use it for portrait photography respond?

I am also interested how the built in flash measures up, as I found most of the other makes unsatisfactory in this respect.

BTW, portrait setting means to me that the aperture is wide open so that the background is not in focus.

Can you please comment?

Foox
foox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 9:59 AM   #15

I have received my add on lense housing and it is nice. My only complaint would be it blocks the optical viewfinder. I never use it anyway. It gives me a sense of comfort to know my LCD screen and my lens are protected with this accessory on the camera. Now I can pass the camera to others without fear of damage. I am extremely happy with my p10 and Sony's accessory line.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2003, 1:02 PM   #16

hey guys

also another P10
decided to purchase p10 instead of the V1
haha
dont ask why
anywayz, I was wondering if you guys can help me how to take firework pics?
i know theres a scene mode for that...but is there other manual functions to do ?
I seen the V1 firework pics and they are sweet
I wonder if the P10 can do close to the same

thz
VCLAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 5:08 PM   #17

Default P10 problem!

I have also got a P10 and am happy with the quality of image in good light, but in low light i have a problem.
Low light requires the AF illuminator for a sharp image. A lot of my pictures involve people as the subject; mostly in the centre of the picture.

I've had many complaints that the AF illuminator is too bright and almost blinding, and so, i don't get good quality indoor shots - either because the subject has closed their eyes or looked away, or because i've switched the illuminator off!
Has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible that i have a faulty P10 in that the illuminator is _too_ bright?

Thanks
harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2003, 7:18 PM   #18

There was a mention of flash issues with compact cameras such as the P10 on this forum.
For general information, nn the sony website they have an add-on flash for this model. Cost is 100 USD. name: External Compact Flash w/Bracket, ID: HVL-FSL1A .
-david
David G.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2003, 5:35 PM   #19

HI.

I left the P10 for the F717 today.

After about 200 test photos I noticed that at 1:1 resolution many of them were coming out softer than I felt they could be.

I enjoyed the compactness that the P10 gave.

It was a considerable upgrade pricewise ($300), but I did it, and wanted to share it.

Currently there is a 75 USD rebate on the F717 and V1, and that did help out some.

Best of luck to those with a P10. It is a good camera.

-David G.R.
David G.R. is offline   Reply With Quote