Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 3, 2003, 1:35 AM   #1

Default Sony P-10 Owners! Unite!

Hey guys... I stumbled apon this great site and message board forum but was suprised I see no recent topics about the awesome lil Sony CyberShot P-10! What's goin on?!

I just got this camera today, for my birthday... It is my second CyberShot, as I used to have the P5 and I loved it... I think this camera is gonna make me real happy, and from the reviews I have read it seems it has pretty few problems and is a great solid all around camera and a good choice for the money too.

Any other happy P-10 owners here? Show your love please! I wanna know I'm not alone!
sonictonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2003, 9:56 AM   #2

Dont expect any love from me. The cybershots are good, but not worthy of my love.
HSKHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2003, 11:43 PM   #3

I have had mine for 2 weeks now and I like it alot. I have bought an additional battery and my Sony slave flash is on the way. Pictures are looking great! I am not sorry one bit that I passed on the f717. This smaller p10 gives great sharp pictures.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2003, 12:42 PM   #4

The add on Sony flash is here and what a difference it makes! This is a MUST have for indoor photos. Great product Sony and next I will try the add on lense housing and 1.7x tele lens with filters. To be continued.........
Old Jul 18, 2003, 4:07 PM   #5

Default I bought one!

Hi! I bought the P10 last week, and all's cool except that I have no clue how to use all the features yet. :? Also, I hate the software it comes with - gotta go get photoshop... The movie thing is cool. Recorded a thunderstorm the other night, showed up nice on realplayer. (gotta save it with that sony software which I still haven't loaded in my pc yet so i can clear that memory stick) Also have to get another printer (have one of those hp all in ones - doesn't print great photos)

Anyway, I really like the camera so far, and am sure I'll love it once I'm able to use it to its full capabilities!
kauinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:06 AM   #6

You will love the camera. Just don't expect to get "photo of the day" here. It appears only the $3k dollar cameras do!
Old Jul 23, 2003, 7:55 PM   #7

Hi:
I just rec'd my Sony P10. I really like it. I need help with the email mode. Not all of my emailed photos can be opened. Some tell me the format appears as "JPE" instead of JPG. Does that really matter? I am not changing anything when I import except to name the photo. I don't like the photos imported to MY Documents and have tried to send them directly to a CD on E:.
Can I use a different software program to import vs. the Image Mixer?
The camera on the other hand takes really sharp photos. I have even verbally identified my single shots. So far, it seems user friendly......but the software is another matter.
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2003, 3:58 PM   #8

I have not tried to use the email mode yet. I just size down the photo in jpeg to send in an email. Sorry I do not have a solution.
Old Jul 27, 2003, 3:25 AM   #9

Gloria,

Haven't done any email stuff w/the sony yet, but I don't use their software. I use Corel or Microsoft (just because I already have them and know how to use them) I bought a Canon i950 printer yesterday and used Canon's software (no brainer stuff) to print out some test pics from a memory stick - they came out great!

I still need to do something with the thunderstorm I recorded on another other memory stick - guess I'd better figure out that sony software...

Let us know if you find a solution to your email problem.
kauinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2003, 9:24 AM   #10

So far I have learned that when I set the mode to Email the camera automatically will show 2 photos...(one for email and one in regular larger size). So this eats up more memory. So now I need to figure out if you can take just one regular photo and then resize it later.A previous reply here indicated they are resizing later.

Went to the beach this weekend and took wonderful photos of dolphins. I set the beach scenes to "beach" on the SCN mode and they turned out great despite the lack of sun this weekend. The green in the lagoons was perfect and I was so surprised to see the real colors so vivid.

What I did not like was going to Walgreens and downloading from the memory stick and being charged for One Hr.Photo rate. Last wk. I used CVS and got a much better print and they were nice 4x6.
Walgreens prints them on one sheet and I had to choose a smaller print. Well, I am still learning. I have not printed out on my own computer as Idon't have a good color cartridge at the moment.

A friend is still unable to open my photos....while others can. I notice my photos are sent automatically using my Corel program.

I purchased a SanDisk 128 memory stick as Best Buys was offering a rebate. I will order a Sony 128 this week along with a 2nd battery using their 20% coupon offered at purchase. We are going out of the country soon and will need more memory. I wonder too if Europe is set up to develop memory sticks. Any one know? we are going to France.(Provence)

This is all I know and it isn't much.
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote