Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 5, 2003, 3:49 AM   #1

Default DSC-V1 rattling noise from the lense area

hi,
i just received my V1 from US1Camera.com yesterday, and the first thing I noticed about the camera is the rattle noise from the retractable lense. When it's extended, the retractable part is moving, and when i shake the camera slightly, it makes rattling noises. when the camera is turned off, it makes rattling noises too when I shake the camera slightly.

Just wondering if I got a defected unit, since I don't think it should rattle. I've own P5 and S75 in the past, and they were all solid. Did any V1 owner experience this? Thanks.

Don
o'bluetouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2003, 5:00 PM   #2

Hello,

I have just got my new V1 too and it seems it does have the kind of rattling noise you described albeit a minor one. I don't think that's a defect although I am not entirely sure.

I do have a question to yourself regarding this camera and hope you can help. I notice that once the pop-up flash is activated, it does not seem to close itself down even when the powered off. Is yours behaving like that too?? It seems that you have to push if back in manually or am I missing something here?

Eric
ericnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2003, 11:10 PM   #3

The slight movement of the lens is normal.
Glock19er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2003, 5:08 AM   #4

thanks for the replies.. i think i'll keep it instead of returning it..

as for flash, yes you have to push it back manually. i don't think there is a mechanism that pulls it back down.
o'bluetouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2003, 3:38 PM   #5

yes the movement is normal.
HSKHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2003, 4:34 AM   #6

Default Sony DSC V1 emitting strange noises!

Hi there, I also have a DSC V1, I noticed that the lens can make noises when zooming, although I was under the impression it should have bee almost silent on this model - perhaps I was wrong, but one issue I have noticed is a strange computer communication type noise emitting from the camera when in Auto Focus mode, its not very loud, but you can hear it if you hold the camera nearer to your ear - probably about 5 inches away or so, and when you are taking a photo, it sounds a bit like a modem trying to connect or something of that nature, the camera takes photos fine but i wondered if anyone elses camera here made the same noise when in auto focus mode or in video mode before you start recording, I am not sure whether to send this camera to be replaced or not.. thanks
Columbo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 5:32 AM   #7

Hi I have the same experience. I just bought it yesterday.

Did you get some problem since you had post it ??

Thanks,

Juliano
Brazil-JCF is offline   Reply With Quote