Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 25, 2007, 5:50 PM   #1

Sony W-55 having internal memory problems?

I have a Sony Cybershot W-55 7.2MegaPixel Camera. It's brand new. This camera has a 56MB internal memory. I am NOT using a memory card with it.

I have a problem deleting files from the camera's memory. After I have succesfully copied the pictures from the camera to my computer, I am not able to DELETE the pictures from the camera. It says they are write protected and cannot be deleted.

I had to manually delete each of the 300 pictures files using the delete button on the camera. It took forever.

My question is how do I batch delete the files? On other cameras, I simply used SELECT ALL, and pressed delete. Though, with those, I was using a memory card.

Also, Windows Explorer freezes up when connected to the camera's internal memory. What's up with all this? Anyone have these problems? How are you dealing with it?
sandia911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2007, 1:24 PM   #2
Administrator

Did you try using the Format command in the Setup menu?
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 4:43 PM   #3

I have no such command, I use Windows Explorer to upload the files. I don't use the software that came with the camera. In fact, I don't even have that software. And there is no DELETE ALL or FORMAT option in the camera's menu options
sandia911 is offline   Reply With Quote