Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 13, 2007, 2:45 PM   #1

Hi

I am trying to manually set shutterspeed and aperture on sony dcs T10 and i can't find anyway to do it i am new to photography any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

azr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2007, 5:45 PM   #2

The T10 is a point and shoot camera with no way to set aperture and shutter speed. Most tiny pocket cameras are that way.

You can manipulate the shutter speed and aperture with some of the scene modes. Read up on what they do. You can also boost the shutter speed by manually increasing the ISO. It is probably best to combine that with one of the scene modes if you are going for a faster shutter.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 6:34 AM   #3

Thanks very much for the quick reply it has cleared my doubts, now i will try and workout shutterspeed and other settings as you suggested.
azr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2007, 6:49 PM   #4

It's good that you start to explore what those aperture and shutter speed doing.You'll soon turnto be amanual control freak like many of us here

There're some compact camerasequiped withfull manual control such as canon A710 IS. If you wantone with goodfull manual control, i won't recomment Canon. Why is that? All the Canon power series(including their G7 and S3iS) has one little problem. You can't see the shutter speed and/or aperture reading until you press the shutter button halfway. Way inconvenient. But most Sony and Olympus can do that.
caddie is offline   Reply With Quote