Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 20, 2007, 2:49 AM   #1

I just wanted to share my experiences so far with my new T100. I started out with a T1 then had a T50 and a T10 and none of them have even come close to comparing with my new T100. With the T100 I get no more white circles in my pictures as I did with the others and the flash actually lights up an entire room with no problem. The 5x soom is great for such a small camera and I very rarely get red eyes when I take pictures of people. ISO 800 is a little noisy, but definitely usable. Forget ISO1600 and ISO3200, they should not have even put those options on the camera. All in all, I think it's an awesome camera and a big step up from the others I had!

(Sorry for the bad pic of the camera, it was taken with my cell phone)
Attached Images

kimberly175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2007, 3:11 AM   #2

Great you like your new cam. Next timt try this: Put your camera in front of the mirror. Set self-timer if you don't want to be in the pic. Then we can admire your new cam better.:|
caddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2007, 7:12 PM   #3

I've been curious about this camera as well. Care to post some pictures from it? I'd love to see how it does with low light pictures of people with and without flash.
whoster69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2007, 11:54 AM   #4

I thought the T1 was a very nice camera for its size took excellent photos outside but indoors it was kinda rough I as well would like to see some photo samples a few indoors please, Thanks
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2007, 1:22 AM   #5

Please post photos!

I am currently agonizing over which camera to get...I love all the specs on the t100 but fear being dissapointed with the low light performance as so many P&S seem to suffer from it. I really want the 16:9 feature that only Sony seems to offer but I am also leaning toward the Fuji F30 (cannot find f31 where I live) because they rave about the quality and the low light capabilities. I think though because the Sony is so new there isn't much info out thereto go on.

Your opinion on the t100 and how it does in low light would sure help. I almost bought the t100 tonight but they wouldn't give me a deal so I walked!

TIA

Anne
annieohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2007, 5:51 PM   #6

No dust problem with T100? Are you sure of this?
Thanks

justaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2007, 6:05 PM   #7

I have also been testing out a T100 for the past few weeks, it is a much better design than the previous "T" models and I have not encountered any dust specs showing up in flash pictures. I will post some various sample pictures as soon as I get a chance.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2007, 8:40 PM   #8

justaman wrote:
Quote:
No dust problem with T100? Are you sure of this?
Thanks
I've been HEAVILY researching this camera. The dust problems where mentioned by one person (sorry but I don't remember the forum -it may have been DPReview.com). That's what got it started. Anyway, all small cameras that have the flash near the lens suffer from dust reflecting the light back about 10% of the time. I haven't been able to find any indication that this camera suffers from any dust problems that other cameras of its size don't also have.

Hope this clears things up a bit.
Old May 6, 2007, 8:44 PM   #9

CyberShotNut wrote:
Quote:
I have also been testing out a T100 for the past few weeks, it is a much better design than the previous "T" models and I have not encountered any dust specs showing up in flash pictures. I will post some various sample pictures as soon as I get a chance.
That would be really GREAT! Thanks a lot! I'd really like to see pics taken indoors in normal lighting situations with and without the flash. A lot of people are reporting some annoyances with how the flash works (something about changing the ISO level to something way too high, but there are work arounds for this so that it's fine.

annieohh: The Fuji F30 is considered the best camera for low light in its class. I've read a lot of reports/reviews on the T100 and they've all said the T100 was good. It's just not quite as good at low light as the F30. To me it's really an issue of trade offs. If low light is an over-riding concern, then get the F30. For me though, I want image stabilization and face recognition, a better, more intuitive menu system and 5X optical zoom, so I'll probably get the T100. I can put up with slightly worse low light for getting those things....
Old May 6, 2007, 10:02 PM   #10

Okay, so it has been a crazy camera weekend but here is what I have to report. I did take the plunge and I bought the T-100 for 485 + tax. The camera I had before that is the Fuji E900. I brought the T-100 home and did a bunch of test shots and duplicated the shots with my E900. I also took the advice of 1 poster on how to get the best "low light" shots by adjusting certain settings. I was able to get some good shots using his advice but it required me to have my camera on a table or other surface and use the timer. This did produce good results, rich colors nice clear and sharp pictures but the set-up is just not practical. My main reason for getting this camera is to photograph my 6 month old son and as much as I beg and plead he just won't sit still. I took similar shots with my E900 to compare and there was no comparing. Some of the Sony shots were very noisy and the sharpness just wasn't there and there was no getting good low light shots in a "point & shoot" fashion. So back to the store I went and picked up the F30.

I can't say enough about this camera. It is exactly what I was looking for. It takes wonderful pictures in and outdoors it is fantastic with my squirmy son and the low light abilities are amazing. I took a picture of my husband in our hallway with no lights on and all the doors closed (no natural light either) and it took amazing pictures for that level of darkness. We obviously wouldn't normally take pictures in those conditions but if it works there it will work anywhere.

I much prefer the menus of the F30 to the T100. I do wish though that it had more zoom but it seems to be doing the trick so far. I am very happy with my purchase and have taken way more pictures than I normally do just because it is so nice to see them turn out!

Hope that helps someone!
annieohh is offline   Reply With Quote