Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 23, 2007, 5:50 PM   #1

Hello All,

Latest info, just got off phone with very a knowledgeable and helpful SonyStyle Customer sevice Agent.

I informed him that I ordered and received my HD Cord, MS Pro Duo 4GB, Extra Battery, my UV filter is due to be delivered on 4/25 and my tele lens on 4/28 (per tracking).

I asked him when am I getting my camera, the H9?

He said they are getting a shipment of 60 ( sixty ) cameras on 4/26.

When he was researching the status of the H9 deliveries to SonyShipping, he kept sayin 'Wow'; 'Wow'; 'Some high demand for this camera'.

He informed me that they have 592 pre-orders, ( I ordered on 3/22/2007 ), I am #200 of the 592.

States the following shipment will be next week of unknown quantity, but likely at least 60 cameras. He informed me that it may taketwo shipments after the 4/26 shipment to get to my H9.

I thanked him for the solid info and stated I will call him next week.

At least I am not without any information. All this relates to US orders out of Chicago, whatever that means.

Hope you find this useful.

I am having a hard time taking my R1 out of my bag to shoot. I keep thinking, 'If only I had my H9 I could reach that shot, etc., etc., etc.

Regards, Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:07 PM   #2

Thanks for the update, I appreciate it. It makes me wonder where I am on the list. Probably #500. I'm not anticipating it to be here before my trip on 5/3 but I hope I get it soon after. I didn't order a lot of extras for it yet, just extra memory and battery. I'm not sure what my needs are just yet and am going to wait until I get the camara to figure it.
justjody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:30 PM   #3

Hi JustJody,

Glad you found the info useful.

I would like to point out to All that I am going to sell my two older cameras (no details to be posted here at Steves) privately to finance my H9 purchase and its accessories.

I don't want my above list of purchases to appear flippant or egotistical.

I am gambling on the performance of the H9 and Sony's return policy ( which I hope the camera does deliver as promisedand I won't need to return it ).

I cautioned all on another thread not to do as I do as cameras can fall short of their announced promises ( Oly 550 & Panny Z line ).

Any forum reader new to photography and digital should wait for Steve's H9 review as well as other reputable reviews. I intend to conduct and present my own review, it will be my first 'formal', 'real life user' review.

Regards,

Nicholas
Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:08 PM   #4

It was really hard for us to settle on a digital camara, we did so much research and had to do a lot of discussing of what our needs are and what would we like to do in the future. Right now I have a cheap Kodak easyshare that I've hated since I bought it. In all our research we kept coming back to the H5. The newer features of the H9 really excited us. I know nothing of photography (he knows more than me) but I'm excited to learn and think this camera will be a start and something I can grow into.I'm willing to take a gamble that I didn't get to test it out (I did play with an H5). The only thing holding me back from buying accessories is money. I'm on maternity leave and income is limited for yet another month.

It sounds like you'll get yours well before me as I didn't order until April 8th. I'm so anxious to read what you have to say about it.
justjody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:12 PM   #5

nickphoto123 wrote:
Quote:
Hi JustJody,

Glad you found the info useful.

I would like to point out to All that I am going to sell my two older cameras (no details to be posted here at Steves) privately to finance my H9 purchase and its accessories.

I don't want my above list of purchases to appear flippant or egotistical.

I am gambling on the performance of the H9 and Sony's return policy ( which I hope the camera does deliver as promisedand I won't need to return it ).

I cautioned all on another thread not to do as I do as cameras can fall short of their announced promises ( Oly 550 & Panny Z line ).

Any forum reader new to photography and digital should wait for Steve's H9 review as well as other reputable reviews. I intend to conduct and present my own review, it will be my first 'formal', 'real life user' review.

Regards,

Nicholas

So, at least we know you don't work for sony:-)

Nick, how about the bag? Sony website has 2 kinds of bags for H9. and i found out

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Shou..._Micro_AW.aspx

which fits H9.
ps: i'm waiting for your review about this camera if steve's too busy to do it:idea:

edit:

Nick, let'sforget about the Lowepro Nova series.Nova Micromay fit but it wasdesigned for theconventional cameras.

Try the Rezo series such as

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Shou...zo_110_AW.aspx

or

Apex

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Shou...ex_110_AW.aspx
caddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:29 PM   #6

Don't mean to hijack your thread Nick

This bag looks nice(see link above). but we still must have the camera first.
caddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:32 PM   #7

Hi Justjody and Caddie,

Now we all know where we will get to see full size H9 Baby Pictures in the near future.

Congratulations Mr & Mrs JustJody!!!

Caddie,

I am the wrong guy to ask about camera bags.

I have always used a non-descript bag and then keep a black plastic bag over my camerawhen I hang it around my neck.

I try to limit the ability of others to see thatI am carrying a camera, when possible. Not out of fear, just something I guess a city guy picks up along the way.

You should start another thread on the bag issue. I am sure you will get knowledgable responses.

Nicholas
Old Apr 25, 2007, 3:28 PM   #8

Update:

Just received my VF-74MP from Sony. My 74 mm UV filter.

It is in a Sony bubble package and I will not open it until I get my H9.

It is hard to tell if the UV filter is in a round plastic holder or just sitting under the plastic bubble.

Still no new news regarding my H-9 shipment.

Nicholas