Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:43 AM   #11

haha I hear you! Mine spend more time fighting than they do getting along and they are ten years apart.

I ordered the camera. Chose the express shipping just to get it quicker. I thought at least this way they might be a little gentler handling it than if I chose regular shipping. I hope anyway. I did not add any additional warranty. The camera was expensive enough! Didnt want to make my bill any higher. I wonder if this is something I can add later before the first initial one runs out. Any warranty I have ever purchased I have never needed and ended up being a waste of money on my part. I hope this is not when my luck runs out and I wish I had purchased it.

I need to get a memory card now. The only thing I have around here are SD cards. The only thing that I don't like so much about this camera, is that i am now not able to use my 15 minute battery charger for the batteries this one takes. That I am going to miss! Nothing worse than waiting for batteries to charge when you really wanted to take some photo's. Im sure this new one will drain the batteries quicker than my old one. How much use do you get from it before the batteries drain? Zooming etc, I imagine would have it finished in 2-5 mins.
CarlaJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:58 AM   #12

I got my extra card from Amazon Marketplace for $39 including shipping and it's the faster card... 2G which I can't imagine needing more than that since I bring my laptop with me on vacations. I bought the spare battery at amazon for $37 and free shipping. I did buy the service plan which I went back and forth about. Mostly because it has accidental and I have this very curious 4 year old who I don't trust. The $100 is far less expensive than replacing the camera myself.

As for the battery life I've been very impressed. I took it to the zoo yesterday with a fully charged battery. I took probably well over 300 pictures and played with zoom again and again. Often I used the zoom just to see something better and never even snapped a photo and according to the indicator on the camera it only used half it's life. I didn't use the flash much yesterday because even when we were indoors most the animals were behind glass and it was better to use it with the flash off. My pictures indoors with no flash were really good. Not completely sharp but my Kodak would have been nearly black.

I hope you like the camera as much as I do!
justjody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 5:06 AM   #13

Well that does not sound bad at all with the battery life! I guess i'll get use to that and will also get a spare battery. I do not know where I read something about a car charger for the things? I'm feeling guilty and kicking myself about the warranty. I'll contact them and see if I can still put it on since I just ordered and it hasnt even been shipped yet.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 9:45 AM   #14

As far as a car adapter, I use an inverter in my car for everything. The inverter plugs into the cigarette lighter and then regular electrical things plug into the inverter. I do that because it gets expensive buying car adapters for everything. You can only run so much on an inverter but little things like thisare no problem.

I would think they would add the warranty no problem. They said the warranty includes both parts AND labor and if they can't fix it then you get a new camera. So I think if you needed to use it the only thing you pay for is shipping.
justjody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:50 AM   #15

Power inverts are great I have a 1500watt one which I think can powera small Airport conects straight to the battery with a power and ground wire the size of my finger. I didn't get to take my photos as planned so I hope it will be this weekend coming up.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 1:14 AM   #16

Good Idea! That is what I will get! I have a few things that it would be nice to not have to go dig out the actual car charger for. See them on sale all the time, but didnt think i'd ever have a need for one.

I did order up a scandisk ultra duo pro 4gb memory stick from Ncix.com They have some pretty good sales on sometimes if you sign up to their newsletter. Sometimes offer free shipping etc. I use these guys a lot for computer parts. Getting all prepared for the camera to arrive !!

Old May 1, 2007, 6:16 AM   #17

Congratulations CarlaJade on your new H9!! You will love it.

I use a Separate Surge Protector on anything I power with my Invertor.I won't connect anything without this additional surge protection.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 6:51 AM   #18

Very good point! I will make sure I do this also! And thanks so much. Cant wait for it to get here.