Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 9, 2007, 9:42 PM   #1

Hello All,

Thanks to your feedback I created a new Real Life User's ISO test for my H9.

The test includes some Real Life Textured surfaces and Real Lifemixed lighting conditions.

Aperture priority. Only Auto Levels in Photoshop Elements 4, and save to Max quality Jpegs.

Test has full size originals, no other PP. Sorry download not avilable due to bandwidth concerns.

Your comments andfeedback are very welcome.

Here is the link:

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/2826380

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2007, 12:25 PM   #2

Hi Nick,

I'm no expert, but for handheld shots in that light the pictures look really good to me. With a tweak or two from Noise Ninja or something similar even the ISO 3200 would be useable so long as it didn't need to be a large format.

Another test passed!

Incidentally, please don't get disheartened becauseso many people are watching your posts and so few are commenting.Hundreds have looked at them in total; 70 have looked at this thread alone, yet I'm the first to respond. I'm not particularly familiar with the etiquette in this forum - is this the way it usually is?

Anyway I at least am looking forward to the next issue!

Regards,

Steve
steveasub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 9:42 PM   #3

Hi Steve,

It seems not many respond with their opinions.

It is a shame.

Imagine how much better my 'Real Life User's' Review would be if I got many responses with varying feedback and comments.

Everyone has something to contribute.

At times I feel my efforts may not be worth other's time.

But those who have responded give me reason that my review is of value to others.

Thanks again,

Nicholas

nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 11:04 PM   #4

Hi!

In responce to little responce, I deceided to join the forum. I have been looking for real life shots from the DSC-H9. I guess that not a lot of peaople are using one yet. I have owned the Panasonic DMC-FZ7 , a camera I liked a lot. I now have an Olympus SP-550UZ that has a very poor image stabilizer , making it hard to get any good shots at low light and long focal length. I went and picked up a DSC-H9 that I have used for only a week, but already am very impressed with the pictures I am getting. The image stabilizing is far superior to the other two, and the quality of picture at high ISO settings is amazing. I use the camara at my local hockey arena , high up in the stands. I can shoot a picture at full digital zoom and still get a great quality picture. Also when shooting a video at the arena, the stabilization is far better than the SP-550UZ, and having sound and zoom while filming, is a real joy. When I test a camera , I usualy push the envelope to get a good idea of its limitations. Once I figure out how to put pictures into the reply I will post some.

Nobby
Nobby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2007, 5:18 AM   #5

Hi Nobby,

welcome to the forum, good to hear your views on the H9. I haven't bought one yet, but after reading Nick's reviews - and now yours - I've decided to do just that and asap. I just need to convince my beloved that it's not just for me,WE NEED a new camera!

Look forward to your sport pics,

Regards,

Steve
steveasub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2007, 11:02 AM   #6

Nick I am sure everybody that is into Sony is reading these reports you do. I quit responding cause you answered all my questions already and I just don't want to clutter the thread. Your post are very detailed and it seems to be a great camera now I just have to wait till I can find a good deal on one. Also keep them coming I signon everyday just to see the new stuff you post. Once I get a day off and the weather is better I will start posting some of my shots with the H5.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote