Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 14, 2007, 6:00 PM   #11

Hi Wirraway,

I have seen that review previously.

I owned the Fuji 9500, very slow functioning, image NR is drastic, image review dead slow, no IS.

The reviewer suggests some Fuji's over Sony. That is his opinion. I won't review a review.

He says AA batteries are easier to use. The easiest battery I have ever used is the H9 battery and Included charger. Charger never gets hot, unlike AA chargers. Once my Sony battery is charged I know what I have. Not so with AA's.

All I can say at this point is the following:

I believe my 'Real Life User's review provides unbiased, objective results, only that which comes out of the camera. I beleve my review provided accurate information on the H9.

If I took any, ANY, bridge camera, or any other fixed lens digital camera, including my venerable R-1, and performed the same tests on them as I did the H9, ALL of these other cameras would not match the H9, All IMHO.

I do hope you will obtain the review information you want prior to your purchase decision. I do hope you find that I provided you with a little help in your decision.

Regards,

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 7:09 PM   #12

Hi Nick,

as you mentioned the battery of the h9, can you give us your experience of battery life in typical use?

I also prefer the use of the (in my experience) totally reliable LiIon batteries provided there is a spare handy, although I do think that Sony slipped uphere with the h9 - the battery should (and so easily could) have been a little bigger; say around 1500 mAh would be nice. Also a charge time of an hour or twois easily acheived and would not overheat the batteries.

You mentioned in an earlier post that you had bought a 4 gig memory stick pro duo. Was it the standard speed, and did you ever find that it couldn't keep up with the camera?

Regards,

Steve
steveasub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 8:25 PM   #13

Hi Steve,

Re: 4GB Sony MS Pro Duo ( no mention of its speed, from sonystyle ), never waited for camera to write, or read for playback.

Video very nice. While using my H9 I have no thought about write speed or read speed. It is always ready. I am very happy about this. I see Sandisk has a 4Gb for +- $60. I may get one to keep on my camera strap and hold my library of slide shows and keep the Sony 4GB in the camerafor shooting.

As long as an image was not PP or changed you can copy it back to your camera card.

With this I create slide shows on my PC and place them back on my card for later viewing. A great benefit of the H9.

Re: Battery life. I did promise a report but turns out I am the wrong guy for this. My problem is that I have a spare and leave the house with both fully charged.

And by habit, at the end of the day, pull out my battery and charge it. I install my other battery to download to my PC. I have no idea of battery life timewise.

BUT.... I can say I had a few Flash re-cycle waits ( 3 or 4 seconds ) but I shoot with continuous steady shot on, and used the LCD heavily. When prices drop, I will buy a third and have no worries about having power for my H9.Since I had my H9 I only changed batteries on two occasions( each over 300 shots fired, alot of flash).

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 7:45 AM   #14

Thanks Nick, soundsgood to me.

Regards,

Steve
steveasub is offline   Reply With Quote