Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 14, 2007, 5:25 PM   #11

Crap I am keeping quiet then I only have a little H5 :blah:just so everybody knows the ha ha face is there to break the tension in here.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 5:27 PM   #12

DigitalGal wrote:
Quote:
Well.. here is one example of nightshot option used..

[line]

[line]
Others, - when I ll upload some more to Flickr..
Wow that is neat I have that option on one of my cameras and never used it. Now I have to wait till it gets dark tonight to see what I can get :|
Old May 14, 2007, 6:17 PM   #13

OOPPSSS!!!! How did I get on the DPR STF?

Steve,

Thank you for stating what I have really said regarding the H7.

Trish,

I did indeed answer the original question:

"I have shot more than 1500 images with my H9 on Auto, Portrait, A,S, etc. and only about 10 images had incorrect exposure or focus. Fantastic, IMHO."

see above post.

Regards,

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 7:52 PM   #14

These pics were all taken in auto mode. I drive by these ponds frequently and have taken these mostly from my vehicle using the camera's own zoom lense. In a couple, I didn't let the camera focus completely on the birds but overall, I think it shows the quality. These were all taken spur of the moment. Turned the camera on, pointed and shot in just a few seconds.

http://picasaweb.google.com/monkeyfa...79403507522066

I love this camera and don't really even know how to use it yet.
new2sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 9:03 PM   #15

To Nick, sorry about that. I guess I just skipped over that part. And to the others I did not mean to add to the "tension" on this forum. By the way I loved the night shot and the goose photos. I got my H9 today and can't wait to use it. Happily the adaptor ring seems to work properly. What a relief. A good omen I hope.
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 3:01 AM   #16

Thanks yiu, guys!

For Cyberf828: you don't have at all to wait for the dark to use nightshot mode.. I'd rename it - infrared mode.. I haven't uploaded this kind of pics to Flickr before, but now I fee, I really have to do this. To let the people see, what the option is it exactly.. quite exciting for me..

yeah.. I could feel the tension too in this thread.. and this makes me laugh.. because it has been started to get an info for better understanding, just sharing options of respective owned cameras.. and not to say - "mine is better than yours".. I think, it has been a misunderstanding..

Have a great day!

PS. Two more "nightshots".. until I'll choose some more for to upload to Flickr..

An uncle Giulio.. A master of Gnocchi..[line][line][line]These all are images without any postprocessing - right out of camera..

The next image is the final result, which I want.. B&W.. These images were taken with a purpose to make a cook Photo book.. Maestro of Gnocchi.. a gift to uncle Giulio.. I have other series too.. Il Maestro di Polenta (Corn poridge) - national dish of Milano.. Then also series when a fateher and uncle are cutting a prosciutto.. And others..

Well.. one of B&W..[line][line]I hope, you like what you see.. Give the try to nightshot, those who own it!
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 5:57 AM   #17

Sono Buono.... ( I hope I spelled this correctly ).
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 7:11 AM   #18

Too bad we all don't live closer together to all go out and take photos and compair and shoot the breeze on our methods we use.
Old May 15, 2007, 7:21 AM   #19

Hi Nicholas (again),

Sorry my question regarding auto mode created the "tension" and misunderstanding. I hear what you are saying about the H9 and may go for it later but think I'll wait for the reviews on steve's and dpreview anyway. No offense to you as you sure know your photography and cameras.

Hope I don't stir up more by asking another question of you! Is there or can there be a dedicated H9 type or other DSC that is made with auto mode only? Would that be cheaper and something that could be done? If so, why is it not done?

Hope these aren't stupid questions even though no question is stupid!

I like your pics DigitalGal and your style.

Thanks to all and Nick esp.

picsgalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2007, 7:50 AM   #20

I don't know where you are from your location is empty but some stores allow you 2 weeks to try and if you do not like it you can take it back for a full refund. So you can demo the camera first to see if you like it. What kind of camera are you using now?