Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 25, 2009, 5:47 PM   #1011

Great shot, and the price of the camera amazing. I have been as of late looking into the Alpha line the 230 is in a price range that I can swing..but I would rather A380 which I think would be the next step in the progression.

Enjoy the day
USMCZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 6:23 PM   #1012

Hi USMCZen-

While I teach DSLR seminars regularly, and have all the consumer level DSLR cameras. I have reached a point in my life (74 years old) where I do not want to haul around a camera bag full of DSLR cameras and multiple lenses.

So yes, a DSLR camera can produce better photos, but a point & shoot in the hands of somebody with 60 years of photography experience, can really come close to the same image quality while using a small camera like the H-50 or the H-20. DSLR's are just not my cup of tea any more. But I am sure you will hav fun with a new DSLR camera.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 5:22 AM   #1013

The reason for my excitement as of late ( I'll share with the group ) I purchased my H50 last Oct before heading to Vermont for a yearly stay in Stowe. At this time with the camera all the shots were just in AUTO mode, now that I am at ease with the cam on M, I am looking forward to the idea's I have in my head for shots this year coming. I got sidetracked well I was contacted by the place in Stowe we stay at about my photos. They want to talk to me about using some of my photos for there site, and also merchandising. So hence my looking into up grading my camera. Here is who wants the meeting

http://www.trappfamily.com/ and yes it is the family Von Trapp from the Sound of Music fame. So I am very excited about this coming stay.

Blessings
p.s. I love my H50
USMCZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 8:59 AM   #1014

Congratulations, Ken/Zen-

That is really wonderful news. I have shot with the Sony HX-1, and it was a good first step in developing the CMOS imager. However, I found the HX-1 sort of a quirky camera to shoot with as it was not always consistent in every photo environment. As I suspected further development of that CMOS imager has produced the WX-1 with high ISO features that the HX-1 did not have.

If you want to stay in the Sony brand line-up, then perhaps this is the time to move over to a DSLR camera. Sony's A-230 has received very creditable reviews, and it might be a consideration. Personally, after returning the HX-1, I purchased the Kodak Z-980 24X optical zoom camera. The Z-980 has a hot shoe and an external flash that I wanted as well as that lovely Kodak color. After two months of use, I am very pleased with the Kodak Z-980 camera.

None the less, any of the Sony DSLR cameras might be the best way to get into promotinal photos for the Sound of Music Hote that you love there in Stowe, VT.l

Once more, congratulations on your obviously great photos that have impressed many people. Have a great day and wonderful weekend.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Aug 29, 2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 1:32 PM   #1015

Default Sony lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofas View Post
Too bad Sony has made nothing even close to these in years. Not everyone wants a DSLR?
Yeah whatever lol, nothing wrong with the cameras Sony makes, they can match up to any brand out there for quality, Sony keeps getting better all the time. There are some great camera brands out ther but for a comment like that? wake up man, I'll continue using my Sony
Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 1:34 PM   #1016

Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 5:32 PM   #1017

Hi Canadian, thanks for posting-

...Very nice Sony H-50 (if I remember correctly) shots. i surely do agree with your comments. Our H-50 cameras are excellent. The HX-1 was good, I returned mine as IMO it needs further development. The WX-1 roll-out has already shown that to be true.

I will happily await the introduction of the HX-2 camera.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:48 PM   #1018

Default I likes it

F717
Attached Images

Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:52 PM   #1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
Yeah whatever lol, nothing wrong with the cameras Sony makes, they can match up to any brand out there for quality, Sony keeps getting better all the time. There are some great camera brands out ther but for a comment like that? wake up man, I'll continue using my Sony

Which new Sony camera has the features and quality of the F717? I am waiting..............
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:44 AM   #1020

Goofas-

I also owned the Sony F-717 camera as well, so I am very familiar with the camera. If you sat down and carefully compared the specs of the Sony H-50 camera to the F-717 camera, you would find them to be very similar.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce