Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 31, 2009, 3:21 PM   #1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofas View Post

Which new Sony camera has the features and quality of the F717? I am waiting..............
Does it have to be "new" or can it be "newer"? I Have the R1, which is not new but it is two generations newer than the F717. It has many improvements over its predecessor and the best camera I've ever head.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 5:37 PM   #1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofas View Post

Which new Sony camera has the features and quality of the F717? I am waiting..............
You mean a macro mode on an otherwise good Zeiss lens that only works at either end of the zoom range, and not in between?

Or perhaps you mean an innovative but defective night shot feature that disabled the camera and could not be corrected by a firmware update?

Or an awkward tilting body instead of a simpler tilting screen?

penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:20 PM   #1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
Does it have to be "new" or can it be "newer"? I Have the R1, which is not new but it is two generations newer than the F717. It has many improvements over its predecessor and the best camera I've ever head.

Excellent camera
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:23 PM   #1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
You mean a macro mode on an otherwise good Zeiss lens that only works at either end of the zoom range, and not in between?

Or perhaps you mean an innovative but defective night shot feature that disabled the camera and could not be corrected by a firmware update?

Or an awkward tilting body instead of a simpler tilting screen?

1. My macro mode works at any length. "Good" lens..."good"? Really? Just good?

2. Night framing is the best...period. Night shot is silly but never has made my camera "lock up".

3. The body does not tilt, the lens does.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 7:16 PM   #1025

Default Sony

The only thing I know about the Sony f717 is its bulky ugly and has many recalls on the camera, just google it and its full of recalls no thanks H50 is my choice
Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:07 PM   #1026

Thanks so very much Canadian-

That is just about how I feel as well. Goofas can take his Sony F-717 and go shoot wherever he might desire. After all, he (Goofas) has not been here (in this thread) for the last 18 months anyway. So, Goofas, it is time to say goodbye. This thread has marched on, well beyond you, your contorted thoughts about cameras, that make no sense at all, and, wherever you might have progressed to today. You, sir, seem too weird for us to deal with in this thread. So, please consider this as your official invitation to get lost. Thank You!

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Aug 31, 2009 at 10:10 PM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:35 PM   #1027

Default Sony

Thanks Sarah, if he's happy with what he has then good for him, just don't trash what someone else enjoys, happy snap shots
Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:10 PM   #1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post

That is just about how I feel as well. Goofas can take his Sony F-717 and go shoot wherever he might desire. After all, he (Goofas) has not been here (in this thread) for the last 18 months anyway. So, Goofas, it is time to say goodbye. This thread has marched on, well beyond you, your contorted thoughts about cameras, that make no sense at all, and, wherever you might have progressed to today. You, sir, seem too weird for us to deal with in this thread. So, please consider this as your official invitation to get lost. Thank You!

Sarah Joyce

Are you the one that takes the pictures of the guy that looks like the Lucky Charms man wearing head phones? Just post some Sony pictures and zip it.

Last edited by Goofas; Aug 31, 2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:26 PM   #1029

Wow, I'm surprised by your statement, Sarah. You seemed very enthusiastic about the HX1 so I would not expect you to return it. What were the main reasons for doing so? Just curious.

Nice shots, Canadian. I think Sony has designed some real nice cameras during the past couple of years (specially in the DSLR department). However, they have not matched some of the old models such as the V series, the R1 and the F717/F828.

Tullio
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:36 PM   #1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post

Sarah Joyce
Gee wee, let's cool down here, shall we?!? Some people a very passionate about their cameras, whether new or old, and that's OK. We're all entitle to express our opinions. Let's not turn this forum into another dp...... .

Tullio