Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 25, 2007, 6:45 PM   #181

Nope keeping the same name I now know not to use make of camera at the time for a screen name :lol:I went through 4 cameras since I have joined and so far my favorite has been my H5 and I am still staying in the Sonyarea my first camera was a Sony and I will always have one as well. I have not bought one yet I am still pricing them due to everybody sells them with different prices. So far I am looking at B&H online for the cheapest with the lens I want it comes in a combo kit.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 2:37 AM   #182

I found your 30D, Cyberf828. Check this link out (the 30D isat the very bottom of the page). I've bought 3 cameras from them (including my recent R1), allfrom the scratch & dent site. The cameras actually don't come with any scratches or dents. It can be something as little as a ripped box. Crutchfield still offers a 30-day money back guarantee (and they pay for the return shipping costs as well). You can't go wrong. If nothing else, it will give you a chance to play with it and see if (or how much) you like the camera before making such an expensive investment.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-AOFpatR...cc=07&pg=2
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 2:40 AM   #183

Polperro, England. This is one cute little village!
Attached Images

Old Jul 26, 2007, 4:07 AM   #184

After reading Steve's review on the newCanon S5 and with the announcement of the Fuji fd8000 with 18x zoom and at last image stabilisation, I wonder if Sony can afford not to update the H9/7 or bring on their replacements at an earlier time.

Shorncliffe Pier, Brisbane, Sony DSC-F707

Attached Images

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:56 AM   #185

Wirraway,

You are going to make me stay up late or get upearly so I can get some cool photos like that. I plan on going out to night and using a friends Canon 30D a try before I buy to see if I really want a DSLR over my H5.

Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:56 AM   #186

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
I found your 30D, Cyberf828. Check this link out (the 30D isat the very bottom of the page). I've bought 3 cameras from them (including my recent R1), allfrom the scratch & dent site. The cameras actually don't come with any scratches or dents. It can be something as little as a ripped box. Crutchfield still offers a 30-day money back guarantee (and they pay for the return shipping costs as well). You can't go wrong. If nothing else, it will give you a chance to play with it and see if (or how much) you like the camera before making such an expensive investment.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-AOFpatR...cc=07&pg=2
Thank you very much for the info.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 11:07 AM   #187

I was out last weekend and took this photo now its not as clear as it is from my computer as it is choppy from photobucket I think sometimes you lose image quality from those hosting sites.

Old Jul 26, 2007, 12:53 PM   #188

Another cool shot, Wirraway. The S5 is nothing but the S3 with some minor changes, mostly around the image processor. The optics are identical (same 12x lens) between the two models. I think Canon could not get the 15x or 18x lens to work with the old sensoras well as they would like to so they chose to keep the 12x lens for now. It was a great move because boththe Oly 550 (18x) and the Sony H9 (15x) have serious issues with the optics. Now, I don't know about the new Fuji but even if the FD8000 performs well, I don't believe they will actually affect Sony (or Oly for that matter) sales that much. Sony has acquired a good share of the digicam market in a very short period of time (considering that companies such as Canon, Nikon, Olympus among others, have been in the photography business for decades). However, the new models are falling short from expectationand if they don't get their act together real soon, they will start loosing market share very rapidly.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 2:59 PM   #189

Yes you aremost likely right with your comments Tullio,we needa few more reviews of these new entrants to see how it pans out.

Cyberf828, the first thing a pro photographer told me was always try to avoid taking landscapes between 10:00am-3:00pm.

Shot here in Townsville Nth Queensland inFeb late afternoonthis yeartesting the DSC-H5.

Attached Images

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 4:19 PM   #190

Great colors and sharpness. I think the H5 is one of the best long zoom cameras out there. If I did not have my H1, I would certainly buy the H5. However, I don't see much of an upgrade going from the H1 to the H5 so I'll wait till a good 15x or 18x digicam comes along!