Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 26, 2007, 4:44 PM   #191

Tullio, my eldest son has the DSC-H1 and having used it for a couple of hours when he was here in Townsville, it takes great shots as good as the H5, so hang on to it and see if anything better pops up.

Testing my sons DSC-HI withmy Olympus B-300 1.7x telecoverter, 'Blue faced Honey eater' on the power line out the front of my house: Camera: DSC-H1
Attached Images

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 5:17 PM   #192

Great shot! Yes, I have great images taken with my H1. The only thing I miss havingis a higher ISO. I don't like to use flash that much.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 5:17 PM   #193

Wirraway wrote:
Quote:
Yes you aremost likely right with your comments Tullio,we needa few more reviews of these new entrants to see how it pans out.

Cyberf828, the first thing a pro photographer told me was always try to avoid taking landscapes between 10:00am-3:00pm.

Shot here in Townsville Nth Queensland inFeb late afternoonthis yeartesting the DSC-H5.
My photo was taken at 2:30am. I am trying to do night photos and have them somewhat clear.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 5:20 PM   #194

London is full of beautiful architecture. Here's another interesting building I managed to photograph during a double-decker bus tour.
Attached Images

Old Jul 28, 2007, 12:07 PM   #195

Taken 160km/100 miles south of Brisbane in the northern rivers areaof New South Wales from the Pacific highway, beautiful landscapes to be hadin this area, various farms on the hillsides, the only one I know here is the small banana crop on the middle right.

Camera: Sony DSC-F707
Attached Images

Old Jul 29, 2007, 2:05 AM   #196

Niceshot of a verybeautiful country side, Wirraway!
Old Jul 29, 2007, 9:58 AM   #197

Tullio, You seem to be controlling the R1 very well, my favorite is your shot in Cornwell of the boats and houses on the hillside, very nice work.

Another shot of the Singapore River.

Camera: Sony DSC-H5
Attached Images

Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:38 AM   #198

That's a nice scenery but I find the image is lacking a bit of contrast. It seems like there was a lot of haze and the sun was shinning perpendicular to the lens (you almost got a hot spot on the left side). So, I've added a bit more punch to it. Hope you don't mind.

Attached Images

Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:49 AM   #199

Actually the R1 turned out to be a very easy camera to operate (once you get used to the position of the many buttons it has). The two things I wish it had were better focus in low light (many, many people had said that) and some sort of shake reduction/image stabilizer. However, with that said, I must state that I lost very very few pictures due to camera shake. Here's a picture of an old windmill taken in a little village close to Louth in Loncolnshire (East coast of England)where my Father-in-Law lives. Too bad the weather was always overcast.
Attached Images

Old Jul 29, 2007, 2:39 PM   #200

Tullio, the Singapore pic does look better after your adjustment, thanks for taking the time.

I bought an Ultrapod 2 mini-tripodinHong Kong 2yrs agoand find I can carry it in my pocket, works out well with the H5 and W100 although the R1 might be too heavy for itlike my 707, for that I use my Bogan/Manfrotto.