Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:55 PM   #301

A five week trip??:shock:
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:29 PM   #302

Yes, very nice shot indeed, Sarah. Now, back to the cloud thing, that's called...cheating,is it not?:Gafter all, part of you final image was not produced by a Sony camera, right!?!:lol:
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:15 PM   #303

Well then, I guess Tullio, that you will just have to drum me out of the corps. I really don't care very much, because I call it being creative. Usually the folks who use the "cheating" term are folks who can not do that themselves, using a good photo editor.

Itis merely being good at your craft. And yes, photo editing is just as much a part of photography as grabbing a camera is a part of photography in my mind.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 1:41 AM   #304

Oh boy, I guess the laughing faces in front of my comments did not do the trick here. I think we all edit our photos to one degree or another (if you look back you'll see that I posted a picture I edited using PSE watercolor filter effect). I was simply joking so please don't take it the hard way. My apologies for choosing the wrong words, Sarah.
Attached Images

Old Aug 17, 2007, 1:46 AM   #305

This little fella often visits my backyard...
Attached Images

Old Aug 17, 2007, 10:18 AM   #306

I think this thread is really turning out alot of photos. Heres a flower I did I am not really into it but I could use some C/C on how it looks.

Old Aug 17, 2007, 10:29 AM   #307

Okay heres another one for the day, Its about 1 am and out playing with shutter speed. Not very clear, I think I need more practice.

Old Aug 17, 2007, 11:32 AM   #308

Not wanting to be one not to contribute, I quickly jumped out on the back deck at shot first to the South and then to the North with my trust H-5.

Here is the South bound photo. The fog was still burning off to the South, that accounts for the wispiness around the rocks. Tullio, do you recognize those clouds? I timed myself. It took 4 minutes to install those clouds.

Here is the neighbor's house to the North. As you can notice they are working on addition there.

Both photos are at nearly max zoom. Thanks for the exercise, guys.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 12:19 PM   #309

Beautiful shoots ( even the clouds :-)) You have a beautiful view. I so want to move West for sights like that. So hows the cost of living there?
Old Aug 17, 2007, 1:10 PM   #310

I like the flower shot, Cyber. I have taken hundreds of flower shots with the cameras I've had. The two most important things when photographing flowers are the light source and how it hits the subject, and DoF. I believe you used some sortof a soft focus effect (that's what Picasa calls it anyway) to blur things up around it and it worked. I personally would have made the focused are a bit larger but that's simply a matter of preference. The night shot looks real good as well. I assume you use a tripod or mono-pod, correct? That way, you don't need to increase the ISO and you can go even lower on the shutter speed to make it clearer. I noticed that the image is a bit noisy. Unfortunately, there is no EXIF data so I can not get into the details of your camera settings.

Sarah, the H5 is in my opinion one of the best 12x zoom cameras out there. Only the Canon S3 gets close to its image quality. It looks like you live in a lovely place. It's a privilege to have such a beautiful view right from your front yard, don't you think? The only thing I don't care too much for is the fog. Here in Norther California, the fog is cold, very cold. Luckily where I live there's very little fog and even when it is foggy, because we are not really by the coast, it's not too cold. But, I can leave San Jose at 95 degree temperature and face a 52 degree weather in San Francisco being only 55 miles apart.