Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 17, 2007, 1:25 PM   #311

I likes the flower shots a lot, especially the colors. Tullio, we live directly on the Pacific Ocean and in out are we almost always have morning fog early in the morning. When the sun begins to warm things up the fog begins to disapte. That is what was hapening in that photo I took this morning (08/17). The wisps of fog were still present to the south as I took the photo.

There are also 2 to 3 days each week during the summer when we have fog all day. Our high temp yesterday was 62 degrees.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:51 PM   #312

Nice shots everyone, very good outlook from your home Sarah, back in 1978 on a trip to Hong Kong, London and San Francisco with my wife and 2 sons (8 and 10)over the Xmas period, I remember flying from Heathrow to SF with a refuelling stop at Portland, Oregon for 2 hours,my kids were not impressed with their first view of the U.S. because they could not see anything outside the terminalforfog and drizzel, I would imagine Sarah it is a great place to livein the summer, butI would not swap forour average320 days of sunshine herein Townsville.

That trip finished up being a great family funholiday,hired a car in SF and on advice from some friends there to not go north because of dodgy weather,droveto Bakersfield and found outthe roads to the Grand Canyonwere closed, then ontoLas Vegas, Phoenix, Arizona,Mexicarli, Yuma, San Diago (spelling), La Jolla for 3 days with friends right on the beach then up the coast to L.A. where the kids had a ball at Disney land and Universal studio.

From LA we took the coast road heading back to SF, saw the sign for Hurst Castle and drove past not knowing what I missed untill several years later, I worked out I could not make SF because it was getting dark I turned off the coast road inland and stopped overnight at San Jose (did not see you Tullio :-) ) and the next 3 days in SF before flying to Hawaii for 5 days and then back to Australia.

On this trip you will not believe we did not have a camera, I was not the least bit interested in photography at that time, and the wife forgot to bring her Canon Sureshot, so we bought postcards everywhere we went, as you cansee no planning at allwent into this U.S. vacation, we just drove around by the seat of our pants and had a great time, if there is a next time I am now smart enough to visit between June-Sept and will go north up the coast to Seattle andVancouver and those Canadian Rocky's.

With talking about fog and Sarah from Oregon and Tullio from San Jose bought that trip back to mind, hope I have not bored you all.

Sarah, we are right in the middle of winter, the tenp today was 88 degf. Townsville looking to Magnetic Is, Camera DSC-F707

Attached Images

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 3:11 PM   #313

Wirraway-

It was great to hear of your pleasant memories of a great family trip. Of course you are very correct regarding Oregon's weather. Summertime is the best time of year, just as it in in Vancouver, and Victoria, up in British Columbia.

However, with us working on cruise ships, during each year, we are never here for periods much exceeding six weeks at a stretch. So, we just get a taste here and there as we pass through.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 18, 2007, 11:20 AM   #314

Well after a few months of not taking any shots, the wife and I went to the Townsvilleannual cultural festival concert tonight, took the DSC-H5 and took about 70 shots trying many different settings as this was a first for me in this enviroment with changing stage lights of different colors, took most at ISO 400 and the last dozen at ISO 800 to see what happens.

Camera DSC-H5, ISO 800, aperture priority:f/4.5, shutter1/100 sec, exp bios -70, center weighted average meter, white balance tungsten,handheld.

PPElements 3: adjust levels, contrast,shadow/hilight, unsharp mask, noiseware.

Attached Images

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 6:22 PM   #315

Thanks for the nice photo, Wirraway-

In as much as we have some activity on this thread, I will go ahead and post tomorrow's shot (19Aug) a wee bit early. I was fighting a lot of backlighting, but got a pleasant result.

Note to Cyber: You asked aboutour five week cruise. We lecture on board cruise ships year around. A month or a bit more works out to be a very nice time duration.

Sarah Joyce

Attached Images

Old Aug 19, 2007, 1:12 AM   #316

Two excellent shots, Wirraway and Sarah. That Fuschia photo is brilliant
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 1:18 AM   #317

Here's another onefrom my recent trip to the UK. This is the Christ Church located in a small town in the North of England called Olsager,where my wife got married for the first time.
Attached Images

Old Aug 19, 2007, 8:41 AM   #318

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
Here's another onefrom my recent trip to the UK. This is the Christ Church located in a small town in the North of England called Olsager,where my wife got married for the first time.
Beautiful Church Tullio.

Sarah,

Sounds like you have the job to have, see so many sights and photo ops.

Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:59 AM   #319

Thanks, Cyber. It's a pity that it has been so poorly maintained.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:22 AM   #320

Well it was an angel thought to get today's photo posted yesterday becuase we have rain and 30 knots of wind this morning. Not very good conditions for a photo outside right now. So I will pull one from my files.

Tullio-

Thanks for a nice photo of that historic UK church, it brings back memories of traveling through the English countryside.

This photo was taken near Monterey, California in a restaurant,using no flash. Instead the ISO was raised to ISO 400.

Sarah Joyce