Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 20, 2007, 3:06 PM   #331

Wirraway-

I think that it looks quite a bit better. I will be anxious to see what Tullio thinks.

Here is my photo for the day. It is an existing light close-up done on the Island Princess with my H-5.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:32 PM   #332

Wirraway, I really don't mind when people try different techniques on my pictures. It's always a learning experience. I think the shadow/highlight tool brought up a lot more detail on the duck's head but it washed out the brown feathers a bit. I like more saturated colors but I must admit thatyour version improved the overall image.Thanks for taking the time.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:38 PM   #333

Tullio,

I wish I was in the water with that duck! We have had temps over 100 for 11 days now.... Great Duck photo!

Wirraway,

CanI go to that gorgeous beach **now**???

I wish I could jump into the picture, Been working 60 hour weeks and I need a break. My favorite beach to unwind is Daytona Beach Florida. :-)

Mercury
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 6:43 PM   #334

Thanks, Mercury!
Old Aug 20, 2007, 7:45 PM   #335

Hello to all-

Imust make a confession. I snagged a H-9 camera on ebay today for $(US) 360.00. It might have been a mistake, but I want the challenge to see if I can get some worthwhile photos from the H-9.

I sort of want to carry on from where Nick left off. Perhaps I am crazy, but then I like challenges! Wish me luck! I don't think it will be easy.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:39 PM   #336

Good luck, Sarah!...well, I don't believe the H9 is that bad, really. It's just disappointing considering how good the H series has been thus far. From what I've seen, the H9 biggest problem is inconsistency. I've seen some good images but I've also seen some real bad ones (although the users thought they were good). I found Nick to be a bit blind about his H9. He posted some good images but many werenotwhat I would consider good. I think you'll be less biased so I look forward to seeing the results of your work with the new camera.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:51 PM   #337

Tullio-

That does that mean that you hanker a bit for the hey days of the H-1 or perhaps the H-2 or the H-5? I agree, those were very special cameras, most probably a whole lot better than the H-7/H-9 generation. but you know meI like challenges.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:11 PM   #338

The interesting about the H1 is thatits lens does not havethe Carl Zeiss name as the other subsequent H cameras do. Doesthat mean the H1 lens is made by Sony? In any case,its a great lens and I hardly miss a shot with it.

OK, here's a picture a took with my R1 in Monterey not too long ago. I love this camera!
Attached Images

Old Aug 21, 2007, 6:04 PM   #339

Tullio-

That is a great R-1 photo. I really love the colors. Well done!

Yes, I agree with you, I will have my work cut out for me when I try to get something going for the folks who really do love their H-7/H-9 cameras. I am going to try to integate H-2 and H-5 images with the H-9 images so that there is something to compare to in a side by side fashion. Wish me luck!

Different topic: what do you think of the V-series cameras?

Here is my photo for the day. It was taken with my H-5. It is my pet seagull named Phil. He arrive morning and night for a quick bit to eat.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:59 PM   #340

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
The interesting about the H1 is thatits lens does not havethe Carl Zeiss name as the other subsequent H cameras do. Doesthat mean the H1 lens is made by Sony? In any case,its a great lens and I hardly miss a shot with it.

OK, here's a picture a took with my R1 in Monterey not too long ago. I love this camera!
My daughter has a Red Grand Eclectus parrot like the one in the picture. Her name is Cherry and she is 4 years old. Here is a picture of the day we picked her up. She was still a baby and we had to hand feed her.

Mercury
Attached Images

Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote