Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:07 AM   #341

Thanks, Sarah. Good shot of the seagull. I'd love to try the V3 model for its IR capabilities. Considering that the V series ended in 2004, they were quite advanced for their time. I believe you and I talked about this subject and the fact that older cameras seemed to be packed with more features than newer models. The V3 goes for over $500 on eBay, which I think it's too much considering that one can buy the R1 for not much more than that and I do believe the R1 is a much superior camera than the V3.

Mercurycu, that's a good capture of your daughter and her new pet. Those birds can be quite messy and noisy...I'll stick to the photos only!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:14 AM   #342

I took this one with my H1 while vacationing in the Gold Country, CA.
Attached Images

Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:46 AM   #343

Nice shots Tullio, Sarah and Mercurycu.

Local Townsville beach with the tide out, Camera: DSC-H5
Attached Images

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:19 AM   #344

Love the little seagull, Sarah. The picture of my dauhgher and the baby parrot was taken withmy V1. It's still a great little camera. Four years later, I still use it sometimes. The nightshot and night framing were fun. BTW, the H9 ismy first Sony to have that feature in over four years.

Wirraway..you are just detemined to drive me bonkers with these gorgeous beach shots aren't you? I'm here stuck at work just picturing what it would be like to walk in the surf. Sigh......

If I can't get to the ocean, I'd settle for Tullio'slovely relaxing creek.
Mercury

Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:24 PM   #345

Wow! There are a number of really great photos this morning.

Tullio: I lived in Nevada County California for over 15 years so your springtime photo of the creek brought back many memories. A very nice photo.

Mercury:I lovethe shot of your daughter feeding the parrot. I am sure it was a real learning opportunity for her. The temp today is supposed to get up to 72 degrees!

Wirraway; I wish our beach looked like your beautiful beach shot that has almost postcard quality. A great shot! However, this is how it looks here this morning as I look down toward the beach.

But then the wind came up and the fog began to clear. This how the beach looks just 20 minutes later.

It is still foggy down to the south in the cove, as this photo shows. But it will be totally clear probably in another 30 minuts.

Have a great day!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:00 PM   #346

Great pictures, you all! That's one low tide beach, Wirraway. Here in N. Cal we have very low tides at the end of November but it is quite different than your picture shows. Because the beaches are so rocky, it forms tide pools exposing quite a bit of sea life (starfish, clams, etc.). My son loves to go there and explore. Unfortunately I haven't taken any photos of the tide pools with my Sony cameras but if you are interested in seeing it, I do have pictures of it taken with other non-Sony cameras.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 2:24 PM   #347

I see no objection to seeing the tidepools via another camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 4:07 PM   #348

Actually the beaches here in Nth Queensland are way different to the ones down southbetween Melbourne and Brisbane a distance of some1200 miles which have surf and white sand, up here in the tropics the Great Barrier Reef which starts 200 mile north of Brisbane and continues another 1400 miles north to the top of Australia has the color beaches seen in the image hereand no surf which is blocked by the reef.

The best time of year here isbetweenMarch andOctober,after this time is Yellow Box Stinger time whichcan be fatal if stungswimming outside the special netted enclosuresthey have up here.My wife and I have only lived here for the past 2 yrs and still thinking weather we will stay here or eventually return to Brisbane (subtropical), but with 7 flights a day on lowcost airlines we only have to pay USD$85 for the 2 hour flight back to Brisbane which we do about 5 times a year, and the last 2 summers during the worst of the extream heat and wet season (Dec-Feb) we take off to S.E. Asia where it is cooler.

Sarah, it is hard to believe your weather in Oregon for August and those temperatues,nothing at alllike I imagined.
Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 4:07 PM   #349

Tide pool - Half Moon Bay. Picture taken with my Kodak DX-6440 in very harsh weather conditions. As you can see, the tide is quite low.
Attached Images

Old Aug 22, 2007, 4:08 PM   #350

Tide pool - Starfish
Attached Images