Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 25, 2007, 1:17 PM   #371

Good Morning to all-

Thanks for the many wonderful new photos. Thanks to Wirraway, Tulio, and Chrystie for some excellent work.

Here is an interesting H-2 photo. The color is wonderful, as is the sharpness. I hope that everyone is having a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 3:12 PM   #372

Wirraway wrote:
Quote:
Cabarita headland, northern New South Wales, 2 hours drivesouth of Brisbane, Camera: DSC-F707

Your are just determined to torure me as I sit here at work very fay from any beach, aren't you??! Another gorgeous beach....simply breathtaking.

Thanks - Mercury

Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 3:23 PM   #373

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Here is an interesting H-2 photo. The color is wonderful, as is the sharpness. I hope that everyone is having a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
What a cute little guy! I'll see you one adorable squirrel and raise you ameerkat.

-- Chrystie:-)
Attached Images

Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2007, 8:11 PM   #374

Chrystie-

I don't think that I can beat that photo. It really is nice and sharp. So I concede.

I can offer you this nice fellow.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 26, 2007, 12:36 PM   #375

Nice images y'all! What I like the most about this thread is the variety of subjects posted. It gives me (us) a great feel for the capabilities of the Sony cameras (any Nikonians checking this thread out???). If I was to pick a fav. out of this thread, I would not be able to. Excellent work everyone!

In my opinion, not all subjects work well with the Sepia color effect. I like it but I rarely apply this effect because there's always something in the image that sets the time to modern days. So, I take applying the Sepia color effect as a challenge. I browsed through my Sony images and found this particular one I tookwhile on a day trip to Point Reyes, a lighthouse locatedNorth of San Francisco. Not too far from the lighthouse, there is an Indian Village,home ofthe 1906 Earthquake epicenter. This old barn is now a visitor center where one can learn about the native Indians who lived in that region as well as local wild life and facts about the Earthquake that destroyed SF. The original photo was taken with my H1 anda warm polarizing filter (the Hoya Moose). The image turned out OK but a bit too warm for my taste so have not used the filter that much ever since. Now, can you guys point out anything that would indicate that this picture was taken in 2005 and notin 1905?
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 1:43 PM   #376

Hi Mercurycu, sorry with all the sea shots, here's one taken 45min west of Brisbane S.E. Queensland.

Sony DSC-F707
Attached Images

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 2:23 PM   #377

Tullio- The number of stars on the american flag tell us that it was 2005, not 1905.

Wirraway: That is a very pastorial photo. I like it.

Now here is mine for the day.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 27, 2007, 12:23 AM   #378

Very nice photo, Wirraway. Lots of different tones of green and textures. I like it!

That's a good shot of the Iris, Sarah. Was it taken with your new H9?

Yes, the stars on the American Flag wouldindicate the correct time frame should we be able to count them. But, since that's not the case here, I'd say it does not count.

Hope you all had a great weekend.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 12:58 AM   #379

Hi Tullio-

I wish it was a photo from my new H-9, but I am figuring that the H-9 will not show up until about Tuesday (08/28).

BTW in the barn photo, the galvanized barrels just in front of the flag pole, tell us it is 2005 not 1905.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 27, 2007, 2:57 AM   #380

Humm, I'd think they had barrels like thatback in 1905!?! Hard to say. What strikes methe most is the image quality. I really don't think a picture taken in 1905 would have the resolution and clarity of the image I posted.

Anyway, that's whatmakes itfun (and challenging) working with Sepia or B&W.

I take lots of macro shots with my H1. Out of all my cameras, I find it to be the best in terms of macro photography. Here's an unusual view of some flowers (stems, really).
Attached Images