Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 27, 2007, 10:10 AM   #381

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Chrystie-

I don't think that I can beat that photo. It really is nice and sharp. So I concede.

I can offer you this nice fellow.

Sarah Joyce
Very nice lizard. Here is one that is a resident of the Nashville Zoo.

Regards - Chrystie
Attached Images

Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 10:15 AM   #382

Wirraway wrote:
Quote:
Hi Mercurycu, sorry with all the sea shots, here's one taken 45min west of Brisbane S.E. Queensland.

Sony DSC-F707
It still looks so lovely, serene,and relaxing. I hope to be able to travel to Australia some day. It looks to be such a beautiful country. I quite enjoy your pictures.

Thanks - Mercury
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 1:16 PM   #383

Chrystie-

I really like your lizard photo from the Nashville Zoo. Once again it shows what an able camera the Sony H-9 really is.

Here is my H-9 photo for the day. It is an apple (almond/) blossom photo that has a n almost delicate quality to it. I hope that everyone will enjoy it and have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 2:57 PM   #384

My fav pics...

Panorama shots...

Night Shot

& Day time... old house in beach front... brick or some clay building... Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Thanks for looking... comments... are welcome..

**** H9, VCL-DH1774 - nEWbIE from Abu Dhabi
icecoldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 4:40 PM   #385

ice cold blue-

Thanks for posting and a hearty welcome to this very active thread. Your night pano gets the job done effectively, but it seems to glare (the bright lights seem to jump out at me!) a bit too much for my personal taste. As I said it is a matter of personal taste, and it may be just me.

However, I much prefer night photos that more subtly portray the night and the lights. Here is a photo sample of what I am speaking about.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 27, 2007, 6:19 PM   #386

Excellent picture of the Iguana, Christie. Lovely colors.

Abu, the panos are good as well. Nice job stitching them. I like the night shot but it almost looks like you took those pictures handheld. Perhaps the ISO was too high and you lost quite a bit of resolution. Exposure was very good, though!.

Sarah, so you've got your H9 by the looks of it. What's your first impression? The flower shot looks good color wise but it has a soft focus (and thatappears to bethe trend with this camera...good colors but soft focus when using the long range of the zoom or macro). What camera did you take that night shot with? It looks real good, very sharp and clean.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 7:24 PM   #387

Tullio-

Nope, no H-9 yet. But the H-2 did arrive today and in view of its relationship to the H-5, it is easy to use, very sharp and eaven a bit quicker than the H-5, in my view.
Here is the first photo by me through the camera. BTW the camera had 334 pictures taken with it and I managed to snag it for a bit over $100.00.

The night photo was taken with a Kodak V-550, believe it or not! Low ISO on a tripod, always wins!

Here is another H-9 photo for you.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 27, 2007, 11:45 PM   #388

Very nice butterfly shot. You are getting me confused, Sarah. First you said "no H9 yet" but then you said "here's another H-9 photo for you". Did you mean H2 instead of H-9?

Yes, $100 for an H2 is a bargain but isn't the H2 very very similar to the H5, which you already have? How about the H3? I didn't even know Sony had released (or will be releasing)this model until this morning. I'd be more curious to find out how good this one is as opposed to the H2. I think I've pretty much made up my mind about the H9. It's a NO GO. I'm looking forward to the FZ18 reviews to see how it performs.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 8:52 AM   #389

Beach Front Shoot I would like to share...

I ganno catch you....

notice that little bird out there...

Thanks for looking... comments and recommendation are welcome.
icecoldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 9:14 AM   #390

Tullio, saw some ISO 400 & 800 shots from the Panasonic FZ18 yesterday over on dpreview and must say not too shaby at all, with other samples seenfrom this camera I would not be at all suprised if the FZ18 rates the top 2007superzoom out of the lot, having said that I would still wait untill this camera is reviewed by the pro's.

Sarah, how lucky are you getting the H2 for that price, well done.

Icecoldblue, it would make a hell of a difference if your posted shots were kept at 800 pixels at the widest, as everyone has to scroll sideways to read the posts after the size thatyou have posted here.
Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote