Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 30, 2007, 11:21 AM   #31

Wirraway wrote:
Quote:
Cyberf828, I'm sure your vacation is not far away and you can really start using your H5, just looking at your and Tullio's very nicemoon shots gives me encouragement to give it a try sometime, I bought my H5 back in the end of Nov and have only shot 173 images with it including 4 weeks in Asia over Xmas, mind you I'm a bit like a tortise and don't use it as much as I should, got my first digitala usedF707 in Oct 2003 with 640 actuations on itfrom anice lady in Texasand have taken only about 2300shots since thenin over3.5 years, when I hear peopleshooting 3-5 thousand in 4 weeks, blows my mind.

Here's a shot in Singapore from the 1st ten shots using the H5, pretty distorted will have todown loadsome software I read somewherethat can make the buildings a bit more straight.

That my friend is one clear photo it looks great,For the moon shots May 31st is supposed to be a full moon so I hope for a nice clear night. My vacation starts next week and is every other weekend 4 days off so its going to be a camera mania :-)

Anybody else notice when you use a online photo storage site to post photos they are not as clear as they are on your computer? Do they degrade the photos? not all the time this happens but every now and then.

Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 11:31 AM   #32

Great shots, Wirraway! I just misseda W100 at Crutchfield outlet (they had one yesterday but it's gone). I'll have to keep looking. I'm surprised by the amount of distortion you got with your H5. It almost looks like you had a WA converter attached to it. I think itwas a combination of the camera's WA and the angle you shot the image.IQ is great, though.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 11:46 AM   #33

Sorry you missed the W100 Tullio, keep trying and I'm sure you will find one, goodness knows how bad the distortion would be if I used a wide-angle adapter, no this was just at 36mm, I downloaded a free program "ShiftN" this should help, just have to install it and work out how to use it, the other software I read about was "PTLens" so if I can't make this work I will try that.
Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 12:03 PM   #34

Found another W100 but in the "scratch and dings" dept. They won't tell me how bad the damage is and since I'll have to pay for s/h, I'm not sure whether I should give it a try or not.
Old May 30, 2007, 12:12 PM   #35

That sounds a bit dodgy Tullio, have you searched with Google? There must be a new one somewhere in California or the rest of the U.S. you can track down.
Old May 30, 2007, 12:26 PM   #36

Tullio, just done a Google for you, this site has 5 left: http://www.fotoelectronics.com/Qstor...TAL+CAMERA+NEW

Also Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...p;linkCode=asm
Old May 30, 2007, 12:58 PM   #37

Thanks a bunch, Wirraway. I'll check them out right now. Cheers.
Old May 30, 2007, 1:11 PM   #38

Heres another one of mine. Sony P73

Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 1:19 PM   #39

Those blue eyes are unreal Cyberf828, is this a husky that operate in the snow?, nice pose you have captured.
Old May 30, 2007, 1:51 PM   #40

Nice shot, Cyberf828. Very natural color saturation throughout.