Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 28, 2007, 11:13 AM   #391

Tullio-

Those H-9 shots are not from my H-9. They are shots I have collected from the internet. Perhaps I will get lucky today (08/28) or tomorrow and receive the H-9 camera. I collected those shots because I knew there would be a delay in receiving the H-9, and I wanted to do my part to get some good H-9 shots out there and posted.

I purchased the H-2 because I was able to get it at bargain price and I knew I could resell it for a profit. The Sony H-3 is a very stripped down camera designed to be sold at a very low price point.

I am with you in being interested in the Panasonic FZ-18 things look pretty optimistic, however, I will wait to read a professional review. I like my FZ-7 a lot for out door photos, but with indoor photo and existing light photos it is very hard pressed. The maximum ISO I have been able to use is only ISO 200. With a lot of experimentation I have been able to get a few good results from the FZ-7 under existing light conditions. This photo is my personal photo from the Panasonic FZ-7 while doing a contract on the Norwegian Crown in December 2006.

Sarah Joyce

Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 11:53 AM   #392

Wirraway-

I loved both of your photos. I was quite taken with the fact that the Police Boat in your photo looks very much like the patrol boats used by the U.S. Coast Guard. Here is a photo of a typical Coast Guard Security Boat.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:29 PM   #393

Amazing photo Sarah, I don't think too many will run from them with the size of the gun on that boat. :shock:
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:36 PM   #394

I don't think I posted this one yet. This is from my P73 cybershot.

Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:44 PM   #395

Oh say this last weekend in the lake, made me do a double take.

Old Aug 28, 2007, 1:12 PM   #396

Sarah, the police boat shot is not mine it belongs to icecoldblue and was apparently shot in the United Arab Emirates.

Regards Wirraway
Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 2:03 PM   #397

Thanks, Wirraway for the correction-

Ice Cold Blue, I apologize for mistaking whose photo it was. But, would you not agree that there is a certain similarity in the two boats.

Cyber, You asked for more shoreline shots. Here is what low tide looked like this morning.

Sarah Joyce

Attached Images

Old Aug 29, 2007, 12:05 AM   #398

More and more great pictures being posted here every day...awesome!

icecoldblue, I like both shots but the second is my fav. I like the warm colors and the angle you use to take the picture. Colors a very nice on the first shot as well. Although the weather appears to be quite hazy, the boat is well exposed and focus is sharp. Great job and...keep posting!

Sarah, nice shot of the US coast guard although I find the cropping to be a bit too tight. Were you trying to exclude something that was very close to the boat?

Cyber, those car/boat shots are great captures and your dog is very pretty. Good pictures.

I have the impression that the FZ18 will kill the competition specially because of its aggressive price. I will wait for some reviews to come out first but from what I've seen so far, I think it produces better images than the Oly 550 and the H9. I can't wait. As for the ISO, I have no high expectations. I owe an FZ20, which is an amazing camera if used in bright daylight. Cut down the light and image noise becomes a major problem. So, if the FZ18 can handle ISO 400 very well and ISO 800 decently, I'm happy. However, to me the two most important things are sharpness throughout the entire zoom range and exposure. Those are the two very strong features of the H1.

Took this one in downtown San Mateo with my H1...
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 12:14 AM   #399

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, Wirraway for the correction-

Ice Cold Blue, I apologize for mistaking whose photo it was. But, would you not agree that there is a certain similarity in the two boats.

Cyber, You asked for more shoreline shots. Here is what low tide looked like this morning.

Sarah Joyce
Yes It surely has... I guess it is made in the US of A LoL :G and they did not mount the 60 caliber on the front cause normally they just monitoring some water skiers going on the pier which are restricted to them and not to apprehend some mis-behaving water individuals hehehehe....

regarding the mistake its okay we are all humans and thanks for liking it... on the second pic.. have you notice that little bird on the railings.. I did not notice it when I shot it.. I have notice it when I downloaded the pic and enhance a little bit by PP the pics.

Cheers....
:|
icecoldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 12:19 AM   #400

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
More and more great pictures being posted here every day...awesome!

icecoldblue, I like both shots but the second is my fav. I like the warm colors and the angle you use to take the picture. Colors a very nice on the first shot as well. Although the weather appears to be quite hazy, the boat is well exposed and focus is sharp. Great job and...keep posting!

Sarah, nice shot of the US coast guard although I find the cropping to be a bit too tight. Were you trying to exclude something that was very close to the boat?

Cyber, those car/boat shots are great captures and your dog is very pretty. Good pictures.

I have the impression that the FZ18 will kill the competition specially because of its aggressive price. I will wait for some reviews to come out first but from what I've seen so far, I think it produces better images than the Oly 550 and the H9. I can't wait. As for the ISO, I have no high expectations. I owe an FZ20, which is an amazing camera if used in bright daylight. Cut down the light and image noise becomes a major problem. So, if the FZ18 can handle ISO 400 very well and ISO 800 decently, I'm happy. However, to me the two most important things are sharpness throughout the entire zoom range and exposure. Those are the two very strong features of the H1.

Took this one in downtown San Mateo with my H1...
Thanks Tullio, second pics also I liked (have you notice the little sparrow that sits on the railing...)
I shot the pics on a humid day maybe thats why there some hazy pics on the water...

Thanks again for liking it... Cheers....
icecoldblue is offline   Reply With Quote