Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 23, 2007, 3:31 AM   #561

Tullio, considering you can return the Panny without cost if you change your mind, go for it as you have nothing to lose. :-)

Moffat Beach 100km/60 mile north of Brisbane on the 'Sunshine Coast' S.E. Queensland, just about my overall favorite image I've shotto date. Camera: Sony DSC-F707 + 2 graduated neutral density filters.
Attached Images

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2007, 9:15 PM   #562

That is a great photo, Wirraway!

It shows what the F-707 is capable of producing. We are on our way outbound to an approximate2.0 month contract. We come back again around 23 November. Enjoy, andI will miss your fine company.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:50 PM   #563

Another amazing photo Wirraway. I hope to get some nice photos in the next few days. Going to New Orleans for 5 days So I hope my H5 doesn't get broke on the flight down.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:56 PM   #564

Oooh, very nice photo, Wirraway. Great job! With regards to the FZ18, I made a mistake when I placed the order andentered the billing information incorrectly. As a result, the store could not validate the CC information. I've contacted them since but now they claim the camera is out of stock (and they still have to fix the address issue). So, I'm not sure what will happen. I look at it this way, if Iend up getting for the price Igot when I place the order, I really have nothing to loose. I can probably put it on eBay and make money on it. If I don't get it, oh well. The fact is, I don't really need another camera right now. So, it's a win-win situation, I think. The store will contact me within the next couple of days to let me know what the deal is.

Sarah, you have a nice, safe trip. Looking forward to seeing the pictures you'll take while on the cruise. Which camera(s) are you planning on taking along? The FZ18? H9? H2? All of them?

Cyber,I'm sure you'll find tons of stuff to photograph while in New Orleans. From all the documentaries I've watched, it looks like the city is far from total recovery and many areas are asdevastated today as they wereright after Katrina. Unfortunately, those are sad images to take pictures of butthey're also a reality, which shouldbe documented!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:22 PM   #565

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
Cyber,I'm sure you'll find tons of stuff to photograph while in New Orleans. From all the documentaries I've watched, it looks like the city is far from total recovery and many areas are asdevastated today as they wereright after Katrina. Unfortunately, those are sad images to take pictures of butthey're also a reality, which shouldbe documented!
Yeah they are giving out tours down there to show the damage. With the insurance companies getting out of having to pay for the damages down there I doubt they will ever get to what they used to be. I guess your not really in good hands with All State insurance company.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 1:53 PM   #566

Wirraway, great shot of the ebvening beach You better hang

on to that 707 as you would be hard pressed to find a

better picture snapper.... Jim

Tuscola Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2007, 8:37 AM   #567

Well sitting at the airport is boring as h*ll. Also looking at the site on my blackberry is very interesting. I need a bigger screen
Old Oct 2, 2007, 7:56 AM   #568

Castle Hill Townsville, Camera: Sony DSC-H5

Attached Images

Old Oct 2, 2007, 8:06 AM   #569

Glasshouse mountains 'Sunshine Coast' hinterland S.E. Queensland, Camera: Sony DSC-F707
Attached Images

Old Oct 2, 2007, 11:27 AM   #570

Nice pics, Wirraway. I find the second one to be a bit over sharpened but that's just me.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote