Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:45 PM   #831

This is not very interesting. This is a distant landscape done with the H-50 tonight at 1850, but this is an area where the H-50 give the scene its all and it is pretty impressive, I must admit. The distance is 1.5 miles.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 1:09 AM   #832

Thanks, Sarah. Well, I'm not as familiar with the A300 as I am with the R1. However, I doubt the A300 would produce an image like this. The R1 is a very unique camera. The lens is superb and so is the sensor and the engine. It has a very accurate AF system, great DR control and the list goes on and on. With that said, I must admit that the Tammy 28-300mm is a very good lens and it works well with the A300.

I like your shot. However,I might be wrong but I'd say the H2 can handle that just as well.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 2:46 AM   #833

Agree that any of the early H cams could more than match that shot Sarah, Tullio I notice you still have not got a pocket cam yet, very handy when you don't have your heavy gear with you :-)

Camera: Sony DSC-F707

Attached Images

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 10:00 AM   #834

wirraway-

That is a beautiful seashore photo. Well done.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 18, 2008, 10:45 AM   #835

Awesome shot, Wirraway

Try to get that with a pocket cam :G

You're right. I have not invested in a pocket camera in a long time. When I switched from film to digital, my first digicam was a Canon Elph. Then I got a Canon A610, thena Pana LZ2, then the H1,...Now, my "pocket" camera is the V3 but it's far from being a real pocket cam. Those small cameras may be convenient but they have so many limitations that I don't think I'd be happy with them. If I ever invest in one, it will probably be the Pana TZ5 or something like that.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 1:48 PM   #836

Tullio-

I am in complete agreement with you. The Panasonic TZ-5 is as small as I want to go. Tiny shirt pocket sized cameras are currently popular, but they are not up to anything like summer snapshots.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:37 AM   #837

Tullio & Sarah

I believe inhaving a small camera at all times with yougives many photo opportunities that you would otherwise miss out on.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:47 AM   #838

Humm...perhaps, Wirraway. To be honest, very seldom I catch myselffeeling sorry for not having a camera with me. Sure I can find things to photograph anywhere I go but they would be primarily snapshots and in the end, I know I will not be happy with the results. So, I much rather have a camera bag in the car with say the H1 or the V3 in it.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:48 AM   #839

wirraway-

I agree 100% that it is indeed valuable to have a camera with you at all times. Hence, I do not carry a purse, I carry a camera bag that doudle as a purse and a camera bag with at least two cameras all the time. Usually it is the Canon S-5 and the Panasonic TZ-5. I had been carrying the Sony H-50 in place of the Canon S-5, but it has not been returned.

DSLR cameras are too large and bulky to carry all the time unfortunately.

Have a great day!

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:07 PM   #840

When over in Asia and particularly going out at night I found carrying the W100 in one pocket and the light ultrapod tripod in the other worked well when walking about, less chance of snatchers having a go at you. :-)