Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 21, 2007, 2:11 PM   #11

I don't get sharp bird pictures hand held unless the sun is shining, so that the shutter speed is at least 1/200 second - hope that you have success with the H5 + TC combination, Cyberf828.
1eyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2007, 3:09 PM   #12

I have 5 days off coming up in two days so I am going to have a free for all with it at least 2 days free to shoot. Also I have 14 days to return it for a full refund if I don't like the lens.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 6:29 AM   #13

Cyberf828, wish you well with your H5 and 1.7x TC with your bird photography, the best shots I've seen people post with fine feather detail with the H series seem to be shot at 20 feet or less, some use bird blinds to get this close forthese great results.

I am not really into bird photography and the only decent shot I have done was again with the F707 with an Olympus B300 1.7x TC (323mm)on the gravilea tree 40 ft from my back door where Rainbow Lorikeets gather in the late afternoon to feast from the flowers,will try the H5 next time the tree flowers.

F707- f/2-200 ISO:
Attached Images

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 7:56 AM   #14

Wirraway wrote:
Quote:
Cyberf828, wish you well with your H5 and 1.7x TC with your bird photography, the best shots I've seen people post with fine feather detail with the H series seem to be shot at 20 feet or less, some use bird blinds to get this close forthese great results.

I am not really into bird photography and the only decent shot I have done was again with the F707 with an Olympus B300 1.7x TC (323mm)on the gravilea tree 40 ft from my back door where Rainbow Lorikeets gather in the late afternoon to feast from the flowers,will try the H5 next time the tree flowers.

F707- f/2-200 ISO:
I am not into birds really either I just wanted to get a closer shot of anything that I can't get close enough on foot that I would use the lens.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote