Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 23, 2007, 1:06 PM   #11

I don't think my shot is too bad, Could be better if I knew what I was doing thats why I keep at it, one day I will be a okay photographer least I hope. :lol:
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 4:45 PM   #12

These H9 issues that people are having. What exactly are they? I know about the fringing, the not being able to change JPEG, anything else? And I assume whatever the H9 is doing the H7 will too, right?

Would these be things that I would really worry about if I am taking pictures of people within 50 feet and printing a max size of 8x10?(99% of the time it would be 4x6 though).

Should I consider a different camera? or am I ok to get the H7 for my situation? That is the one Im drawn to the most so far.
SDIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 5:22 PM   #13

Are you in a area that allows you to buy it and return it if you don't like it? If so buy the camera try it out and if you don't like it take it back. I am near a Sony outlet and they allow it all the time. Also they have everything almost setup for you to try before you buy.
Old May 23, 2007, 6:08 PM   #14

I have indeed tried it, I played with it at walmart 3-4 different times for 30-60 minutes each time. That is how I fell in love lol!

There are a few places that I can order it online and return instore if I dont like it. So I suppose I will go ahead and get it, give it some real life experience at my house, and hopefully it will work as good as it did at the store.

Is $340 shipped a good price, considering I can take it back intown without a hitch if there is a problem?

Also circuit city has the extremelll 1gig on sale this week for $40, is that a good price? If so Im going to go ahead and get it.
SDIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 2:45 PM   #15

I know Walmart used to allow returns with no problems least where I live they do. If you didn't already order it I would try Walmart.
Old May 24, 2007, 2:51 PM   #16

SDIX wrote:
Quote:
:love:

my dad loves doing astrophotography with his SLR and telescope. I love being able to see such details. Id never attempt something like that, or at least not for a long time... so Im happy to observe.
The thing with digital cameras attempt as much as you can and never say you can't do it, all it takes is practice.
Old May 24, 2007, 9:22 PM   #17

C828,

Your shot is a bitoverexposed. Try using a tripod, on manual, stabilization off, and with self timer. Settings should be for daylight. Bracket exposure and see what works best.Post process with some sharpening.

Good luck!

paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 12:01 PM   #18

paniolo wrote:
Quote:
C828,

Your shot is a bitoverexposed. Try using a tripod, on manual, stabilization off, and with self timer. Settings should be for daylight. Bracket exposure and see what works best.Post process with some sharpening.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info, Looks like tonight is clear skies so I will give it a try. I was using a tripod, I was in S mode, stabilization was on and self timer was at 10 sec.