Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 23, 2007, 6:21 PM   #11

Wirrawy,

Yes, I mentioned the wrong sensor size, I meant the 1.25.

Sorry, but you missed the essence of my review:

I don't have any image problems, the images I posted reflect what the camera is capable of. No on should be suprised. I posted the images as they came out of my camera, all of them, no PP unless I indicated so.

My camera is no better than others released. my expectations are different from yours.

And, IMHO, importantly, the H9 issues you find disagreeable, indicate to me that youare in the wrong sensor size part of the market.

May I respectfullly suggest you read my Conclusion thread for the H9 once again.

Thank you for the exchange of ideas.
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 8:57 PM   #12

nickphoto123 wrote:
Quote:
the images I posted reflect what the camera is capable of.
Well thats the problem ...

Take the same shots with an H2 or even the venerable H1 and the shots would be better.

The H9 is the latest in the model range, it should be taking better pictures than the H2 and H1, its currently (pending any firmware tweak) producing average picturesnot the excellent pictures its stablemates produce.

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 10:40 PM   #13

Sintares wrote:
Quote:
nickphoto123 wrote:
Quote:
the images I posted reflect what the camera is capable of.
Well thats the problem ...

Take the same shots with an H2 or even the venerable H1 and the shots would be better.

How can you make such a statement? How do you know images from an H2 or H1 'would be better' on shots I photographed.?

I suggest you take my images as they are, you like them or you don't.

My only interest is that you have some real life images to evaluate.

Whatever your judgment is OK with me.

I suggest you base your judgment on what the H9 can do or can not do in your hands at the present moment.

With the H1 or H2, I would have missed many of my shots in my review due to a slow shutter lag and slow AF. I am not criticizing these cameras but take my word, your assertion regarding the H1,H2, and H9 is not based on Objective Reality within the realm of photography.

Regards,

Nicholas

nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 1:49 AM   #14

With the H1 or H2, I would have missed many of my shots in my review due to a slow shutter lag and slow AF

Totally disagree with this statement, I've seen all your images posted here from your H9, and there is none that the H1-2-5 could not accomplish, I suggest you check the specs on these previous H series. I have never had problems with either shutter lag or slow AF.

My IQ requirements as you pointed out are different to yours, I like a lot of other people expected the H9 to at least have IQ equalto the previous H series.

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 11:58 AM   #15

Well I do have the H1, H5, and now the H9. I have gotten shots that the earlier two never could give me. The focus of the H9 is way better/faster. Exposure is dead on most times. The H9 is *by far* my favorite so far of the H series. I have had a Canon ultrazoom (S1- worst focus I ever had on *any* digicam..HORRIBLE..most wortless camera I ever owned), multipe Olympus ultrazooms starting wioth their first model, Pany FZ20 and FZ30...and the camera I grab when I can only take one is the H9 ultrazoom. For the love of Pete the Pixel, if pixel peepaing in you life's calling, get &*%%$ DSLR and engage in your life's calling. Hang them pixels on a wall even. Don't ruin and slam a great little camera for those of us thatdon't want nor need a DSLR. After years with a Maxxum Pro film cameras, I have absolutely *no* desire to lug around abody and multiplelenses to give me the coverage the little H9 does. I also willnever have another camera I have to look through a peep hole. I feel positively *liberated*. I love live preview and will never go back to sqinting through that SLR peep hole. I love my H9. I am getting family/kid shots that I never got with any other of my other digicams. I want a fun camera for family photos - rarely enlarged over an 8X10. For that my H9 is a jewel. I'm gonna enjoy my photos for years to come. Neither I nor my family will be worried about pixel peeping that family classic hanging on the wall. I'm not scrutinizing every grass blade and going.. OoooL..LOOK!..GASP ..that blade is smeared. That's not what photography is about for me. I'm looking that that great people shot I got and going...WOW...looking at that picture that I might not have gotten without the H9 gives me a personal classic iI'll enjoy for years. And another classic for my large digital picture frame.:-)

BTW, this gets really old because it happens every time a new camera comes out. People sreamed how bad the FZ30 was compared to the FZ20, yet the FZ30 became a classic. Same for H1 when H2 came out.

mercurycu

Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote