Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 26, 2007, 4:28 PM   #1

I will be taking mainly photos inside my house of my 3yo son and family. I will also take a few outside in our yard or at the park, maybe a few vacation photos. I dont even print photos yet, but when I do I think the max Ill ever go is 8x10 attempting a still portrait of him... the rest would be 4x6 and occasionally 5x7.

Hes a 3yo so he runs around, but he only runs as fast as a 3yo. So would the sport setting(which I hear is slow) be ok for this?

I dont want to be a professional photographer, or even an amatuer... I just want to be a mom who takes good shots of her son.

I keep reading these negatives, but this is the camera I want! so will the negatives even matter to me if Im shooting like this??
SDIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2007, 4:55 PM   #2

In my opinion either ofthe H cameras will be good for this I photo my dogs running and playing and I don't have any problems with my H5. Now mind you I am a beginner I am sure some might not think they look good but to me they do.

Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 8:42 PM   #3

they look great to me. Im not looking for professional, just average joe WOW shots, kwim?

Im going to get the H7 whether it is good or not and play with it. Im going to buy it from somewhere I have a 100% return intown on so if it sucks I can take it back lol!

But Id still like opinions from anyone and everyone.
SDIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 9:30 PM   #4

Cyberf828,

Great shots. And no one gets hurt. humanity can learn alot from the canine world.

Sdix,

You should read posts by Mercurycu and BradJackson regarding the H9 and toddler/baby pictures.

An old Polish saying reads 'Cheap is expensive'.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2007, 4:21 PM   #5

SDIX wrote:
Quote:
they look great to me. Im not looking for professional, just average joe WOW shots, kwim?

Im going to get the H7 whether it is good or not and play with it. Im going to buy it from somewhere I have a 100% return intown on so if it sucks I can take it back lol!

But Id still like opinions from anyone and everyone.
Thats what I do is buy it don't like it I take it back.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2007, 5:41 PM   #6

SDIX wrote:
Quote:
I will be taking mainly photos inside my house of my 3yo son and family. I will also take a few outside in our yard or at the park, maybe a few vacation photos. I dont even print photos yet, but when I do I think the max Ill ever go is 8x10 attempting a still portrait of him... the rest would be 4x6 and occasionally 5x7.

Hes a 3yo so he runs around, but he only runs as fast as a 3yo. So would the sport setting(which I hear is slow) be ok for this?

I dont want to be a professional photographer, or even an amatuer... I just want to be a mom who takes good shots of her son.

I keep reading these negatives, but this is the camera I want! so will the negatives even matter to me if Im shooting like this??
All the samples posted made outdoors. Can somebody to post quality indoots photos so SDIX could see the samples she needs?
s_grins is offline   Reply With Quote