Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 9, 2003, 2:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
Quote:
My photos taken with P72 are blurry when I select VGA size - the only size I use. This issue disappears when I select upper sizes.

Nelsonf
why u use VGA size? its 3MPx camera and u degrade it to 3kPx ?Why dont u take 3,1M photos as everybody with 3MPx camera do?
Due to available space on memory stick and wherever the pics go.Using VGA I can squeeze 20 times more fotos.

Nelsonf
With 640*480 u cant even show it on monitor in fullscreen(cos its f.e1024*768) or print it.U lost all details in photos.And u are right in VGA they are blury.On1,2-they are good.But buy a larger memorystick and take it in 3MPx.
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2003, 3:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My photos taken with P72 are blurry when I select VGA size - the only size I use. This issue disappears when I select upper sizes.

Nelsonf
why u use VGA size? its 3MPx camera and u degrade it to 3kPx ?Why dont u take 3,1M photos as everybody with 3MPx camera do?
Due to available space on memory stick and wherever the pics go.Using VGA I can squeeze 20 times more fotos.

Nelsonf
With 640*480 u cant even show it on monitor in fullscreen(cos its f.e1024*768) or print it.U lost all details in photos.And u are right in VGA they are blury.On1,2-they are good.But buy a larger memorystick and take it in 3MPx.
Thank you for the clue, Marek.
I think this may help, but the cause is in the camera itself, because I took the same picture, covering the same angle, at the same time with Sony U20 and FujiFilm FilmePix 1400 and watched the pics in the same computer.The photos are not blurry as it happens with the P72.
Nelson
Nelsonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2003, 8:06 AM   #13

even im decidin between the same cameras . i dont care about the price , size , etc . my only concern is the IMAGE QUALITY . Sooo which one do ya'll suggest is better in the image quality criteria -- mainly indoor shots and sometimes outdoors
aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 7:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nelsonf

Nelsonf
Thank you for the clue, Marek.
I think this may help, but the cause is in the camera itself, because I took the same picture, covering the same angle, at the same time with Sony U20 and FujiFilm FilmePix 1400 and watched the pics in the same computer.The photos are not blurry as it happens with the P72.
Nelson
that is possible.Probably its caused by bad 3,1toVGA algohithm.All pictures are taken in 3Mpx and after that resized.But still, 640*480 picture is good only as wallpaper to the mobile phone
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote