Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 1, 2003, 6:06 PM   #1

Default P72 vs P92 vs P8 vs P10

Aloha to all....

I've been looking over these models and thinking of buying one versus the Canon S400.

The movie mode on the Sonys is really attracting me.

what i need to know is: "Is there any difference in IMAGE QUALITY or Vital Features" between these models?

I do not care about differences in size, battery types and megapixel differences.

All i want to know is there any difference in IMAGE QUALITY at the SAME resolution, or is the only difference in these cameras : megapixel size and battery type and weight??

Thanks
oymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2003, 1:05 PM   #2

All these sony cameras have same lenses.So there is no difference in image quality.But all of them are PnS.I have 72 , video is good, but in good light it isnt smooth, and camera has some bug in firmware or what when zoomed, very often it show shake warning.But if u want video dont buy still camera.In this price range/p10p92)buy rather minilta f 200 or something with manual mode.And all these cameras have biger digital noise(green, red, blue spots in dark areas) in comparison f.e. to olympus(I have tried d560).With flash the photos are oversaturated +20%, and seems red/ orange- u have to decrease red and increase blue in photos taken with flash(not in all).But this is no problem , u can adjust all in each image editor.
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2003, 3:53 PM   #3

none of the above. reason: propriatary memory stick
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2003, 3:34 PM   #4

My photos taken with P72 are blurry when I select VGA size - the only size I use. This issue disappears when I select upper sizes.

Nelsonf
Nelsonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2003, 12:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonf
My photos taken with P72 are blurry when I select VGA size - the only size I use. This issue disappears when I select upper sizes.

Nelsonf
why u use VGA size? its 3MPx camera and u degrade it to 3kPx ?Why dont u take 3,1M photos as everybody with 3MPx camera do?
Old Aug 8, 2003, 9:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms

What are you replying on this topic if you are against Sony products? There is nothing wrong with the memory stick.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 3:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms

What are you replying on this topic if you are against Sony products? There is nothing wrong with the memory stick.
MS is the best , theoretical capacity of ms pro is 38GB,how many photos is it??? :shock:
Old Aug 8, 2003, 4:44 PM   #8

Yeah.....my 256MB MS Pro will hold 96 pics at highest resolution in my DSC-P10! I love it.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 4:52 PM   #9

Goofas, I am trying to decide Sony P10 or Canon S400, what advantages made you choose PC10? I want something that is small fast and will use it 99.5% in Auto mode.
Price is almost same for both, so I just want whichever will work better.
Thanks
DougP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2003, 1:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonf

Nelsonf
why u use VGA size? its 3MPx camera and u degrade it to 3kPx ?Why dont u take 3,1M photos as everybody with 3MPx camera do?
Due to available space on memory stick and wherever the pics go.Using VGA I can squeeze 20 times more fotos.

Nelsonf
Nelsonf is offline   Reply With Quote