Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 4, 2007, 6:30 PM   #11

Great shots Cyberf828.

Ballymack,

With the H9 it works very easily.

Set your grid lines to 'On".

Now, without taking a picture, look at your scene in tiyr EVF or on the LCD.

See how it looks as you turn the camera about its axis in your hands.

Doing this you will note if you are cutting off the tops or bottom of your subject.

Step back, zoom wider, etc. As you view your image look for vertical lines and where they intercsect with your grid lines. Make a mental note.

Now, with your exposure set, try A priority at f8.0, adjust the EV plus or minus to get detial in you test images. Now turn off Auto Review.

Set your camera on your subject ( I work from left to right ) and shot your first image, your second image should overlap about 1/3 of the next image. Continue shooting until you complete your panorama.

Now, SINCE YOU ARE DIGITAL!!!, Review your images in fast sequence to see i f you are satisfied with your pano. With practice you will be. With the H9 it is even easier from many vantage points.

Here are my latest H9 panos captured about 10' over my head while turning my monopod in one hand, while looking at my tilted down LCD, and my remote in my other hand. ( Yes, my remote. I developed an easy way to shoot from under the camera as well as from theback of the H9. I will detail it in a separate thread when I get the time:

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/2946949

I will explain my use of Autostitch in a follow-up post, I have to sign off now.

Regards,

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2007, 7:04 PM   #12

Cyberf828,

That is a real show stopper of you at the fire! Who took the photos and it sure looks like youare really close to the flames. Ouch!

Mercurycu
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2007, 1:30 AM   #13

Thanks for the advice. What about the movement of the people and trucks though how is this counteracted or is the speed of the shots enough. 12 shots seems a lot (obviously not though :-) while things are on the move.
Ballymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2007, 7:14 AM   #14

Hi Ballymark,

Moving people, not too much of a problem depending on your subject.

If I take a shot and notice someone prominent on the EVF, I wll wait until they move out of view and take the shot over again.Once looking at the images on your PC you can delete the ones with the distracting people. You can also clone out such issues in each frame if it is necessary.

Regarding moving trucks. I was sitting on the other side of the road. The line of trucks stopped, apparantly for the front of the parade to perform, so I ran on the other side of the street, saw what I thought would be there, and framed the shot and then took the shots.

Yes, you must preview your panoramas on your EVF when possible, as I outlined above. Doing sowill alert you to the chancesof a good subject capture.

Nicholas

Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:14 AM   #15

Mercurycu wrote:
Quote:
Cyberf828,

That is a real show stopper of you at the fire! Who took the photos and it sure looks like youare really close to the flames. Ouch!

Mercurycu
Assistant Fire Chief took the photos I was about maybe 5 feet from the fire setting up. I was in a Kerosene fire that was recorded at 1200. deg. That was warm I received steam burns on my legs cause my gear was wet as I went in.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2007, 11:25 AM   #16

Cyberf828 wrote:
Quote:
Assistant Fire Chief took the photos I was about maybe 5 feet from the fire setting up. I was in a Kerosene fire that was recorded at 1200. deg. That was warm I received steam burns on my legs cause my gear was wet as I went in.
mmmm, sounds hot! That is a beautiful photo! I think fire is beautiful- destructive, but beautiful.
SDIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2007, 2:12 PM   #17

Thanks Nick. I will start with a few like the Rose Garden and hopefully progress
Ballymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:05 PM   #18

Kevin,

Will be looking for your pano.
( 2 or more images makes a pano, you don't need 14 for starters ).

With flowers watch the breeze or wind ( worse than people walking into your frame ).

Nicholas