Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 29, 2007, 12:34 AM   #1

Hello All,

Shot the Little Neck / Douglaston Memorial Day Parade today, (will post images on a separate thread). It is advertised as the biggest memorial day Parade in the U.S. After this, our second time, I believe it.

Here is a HANDHELD 12 image panorama with my H9, the only PP was Auto Levels in PS Elements 4. Stitched using Autostitch. Did clone on outer edges to smooth part of thesky due to crop from original generation of the panorama.

You can view it at 100% full size ( pixel peep ).

You can also view it as a photograph, the sum of all its pixels, the captured moment.

I look forward to your comments.

Here is the link:

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/2918231/1/157237827/Large

Regards,

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2007, 12:02 PM   #2

Very nice Nick. I have some vacation time coming up so I hope to get some more shots off myself to post but all I can do after getting off of work is take pics of the moon.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 12:42 PM   #3

I really enjoyed this one, Nick. We took our H9 to the Nashville Zoo this weekend and got some great shots. We were using the H9, H5, Pany FZ20, Pany FZ30, and a Sony HC7 high def camcorder.All three of mydaughters were fighting over who was getting to use the H9. :-) The zoo pictures were among the best we have ever gotten on our zoo trips (spanning te last5 years). I had a great weekend with this little camera. It came through for me with my graduation pictures and it will take me days to print hightlights and choose which pictures to show on my 10" Brookstone digital picture frame. :-) The H9 fits my needs perfectly for creating very nice family memories. I have been very pleased.

Chrystie

:|

Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 2:04 PM   #4

What no photo posts???
Old May 29, 2007, 2:39 PM   #5

I'll try a couple of my favorite zoo ones. Barely had time last night to look all of our Zoo pics. One of my twins alone took almost 300 pictures... gotta love those 2GB SD and MS Duo cards. :?

I remember when my first digital camera....an Oly (1998..lessthan a megapixel)..... had an 8MB card and 64 MB Smart Media cards were *well* over $100.

Mercurycu
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 6:37 PM   #6

Hi Chrystie, Cyberf828and All,

Glad you liked the fire engines.

Chrysty, you are getting the most out of the H9, I can see. Waiting to see your zoo pics sounds great.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 6:47 PM   #7

nickphoto123 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Chrystie, Cyberf828and All,

Glad you liked the fire engines.

Chrysty, you are getting the most out of the H9, I can see. Waiting to see your zoo pics sounds great.

Nicholas
I am a ex-firefighter so I will always like the engines. Heres it in full swing and the 2nd photo is me in the yellow helmet.

Old May 29, 2007, 7:40 PM   #8

Really nice panorama Nick. I love everything about it; that you can view the whole thing, then zoom in to see the detail, and the high quality of the stitching job.

Also like the subject matter - but thenI'm biased,I've been in the Fire Service for 28 years. (but I've never seen a parade like that here!)

Good stuff as ever,

Steve
steveasub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:52 PM   #9

Please explain the process of this image I am very impressed with it and would like to know how it was done. Still new to all this. Cheers .
Ballymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2007, 3:24 PM   #10

Ballymack wrote:
Quote:
Please explain the process of this image I am very impressed with it and would like to know how it was done. Still new to all this. Cheers .
You can get the free program here autostitch. Real easy.

http://www.photo-freeware.net/autostitch.php