Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 10, 2007, 4:58 PM   #21

Hello, Nick
You have filed your complaint about the discoloration of your hairs to the wrong people.
Secondly, you have made exorbitant claims about the camera before it was even put on the market. Therefore, readers of the forum were convinced that the camera would perform better than it actually does.

s_grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 5:25 PM   #22

Exorbitant claims??? Well, I actually have the H9and it has surpassed my expectations. IMHO, it's by far the most innovative, well focusing, best flash, best AE, best Zoom of the H series, and I have them all.

No flash blow out of the H1. No wimpy half the flash range of the H1, no flash Sloooooooowwwww recharge time of the H5 (Like waiting for paint to dry while you miss shot after shot) .Far supriorfocusing speed and tracking. 15X zoom. Glorious articualting LCD. (The first H-series camera that mey actually be able to hold it's own against my Pany FZ20 and FZ30 at sci fi cons.) HDTV slide show. I'mtruly enjoyingthe great pictures I am getting with my H9.:|

Mercurycu
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 5:51 PM   #23

Mercurycu wrote:
Quote:
Exorbitant claims??? Well, I actually have the H9and it has surpassed my expectations. IMHO, it's by far the most innovative, well focusing, best flash, best AE, best Zoom of the H series, and I have them all.

No flash blow out of the H1. No wimpy half the flash range of the H1, no flash Sloooooooowwwww recharge time of the H5 (Like waiting for paint to dry while you miss shot after shot) .Far supriorfocusing speed and tracking. 15X zoom. Glorious articualting LCD. (The first H-series camera that mey actually be able to hold it's own against my Pany FZ20 and FZ30 at sci fi cons.) HDTV slide show. I'mtruly enjoyingthe great pictures I am getting with my H9.:|

Mercurycu
I'm really glad to know how happy you are
BR Simon G
s_grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 8:58 PM   #24

s_grins wrote:
Quote:
Hello, Nick
You have filed your complaint about the discoloration of your hairs to the wrong people.
Secondly, you have made exorbitant claims about the camera before it was even put on the market. Therefore, readers of the forum were convinced that the camera would perform better than it actually does.

S_grins,

WHAT EXORBITANT CLAIMS HAVE I MADE ABOUT ANY CAMERA BEFORE I BOUGHT IT??????????????????????????????????????

YOU ARE FROM MY NEW YORK, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE,YOU ARE JUST A KIBITZER, AND IT ISN'T CUTE POSTING A FALSEHOOD ABOUT SOMEONE.

THERE IS A VERY GOOD REASON 'THOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESSAGAINST THY NEIGHBOR' IS ONE OF THE 10 COMMANDMENTS.

I HEREBY REQUEST THE MODERATOR TO PM YOU ABOUT THE PROPER BEHAVIOR REQUIRED TO POST ON THIS FORUM.

CONSIDER THIS A SECOND 'REALITY CHECK'.

NICHOLAS

nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 9:09 PM   #25

Nick-

I think you have done your best. And I for one appreciate your enthusiasm. The H-9 seems to work well for some folks, and they are delighted. For others (who are perhaps, not all owners of an H-9) it seems to be an uneven response.

I am a pleased H-5 user and I am just going to stand aside and let the dust settle. When the price comes down, I will most probably purchase the H-9 as well. I like Sony cameras.

Please don't let the "rough riders" get you down.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 9:25 PM   #26

Thanks Sarah,

Just did not like his falsehood about my posts.

I like to focus on photography ( pun intended ) not Egos, etc.

I have never commented on any other H series camera, nor stated anyone should upgrade to the H9.

What I did claim, is that if readers read my H9 Real Life User's Review, they will know what the H9 can and can not do when they take it home and open the box.

Thanks again,

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 9:38 PM   #27

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Nick-

I think you have done your best. And I for one appreciate your enthusiasm. The H-9 seems to work well for some folks, and they are delighted. For others (who are perhaps, not all owners of an H-9) it seems to be an uneven response.

Please don't let the "rough riders" get you down.

Sarah
I second what Sarah says. :-)

Mercurycu
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:08 PM   #28

Nick,

I have been following your review and I have enjoyed all of the great pictures you have posted.

I feel you have presented a fair and honest opinion of the H9.

Do not let the foolish insults and unfounded accusations stop you. Please continue your review.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 6:51 PM   #29

Hi Nick.

I have found you real life user very interesting and i am buying a h9. I have spent months reading reports about this camera and that camera,and to be perfectly honest they all have some fault lower than the writers expectations. I have come to my own conclusion and i do find some of the remarks made by sintares quite rude anddisrespectful iam not going to be to" suckered in by sales pitch notice" I have viewed many a image taken from a h9 and iam really pleased yes there may be a few photos where you may take again to improve the quality put thats part of the fun. Iam old enough not to believe everything thats written down and like to make my own judgment on things . This Sintares or what ever he calls himself can you not accept that nick has went out of his way to help people and give us the pleasure of viewing his photos I have seen many a photo on http://www.pbase.com taken by the h9 and i find them good enough for me,I think realistically if you want perfection go and get aSLR or pay a few thousand for you camera
foxcub6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 7:29 PM   #30

If you have a problem with my comments then you could always have Pm'd me instead of whining at the bottom of a long post.

The H9 is not a disaster, as I pointed out it has excellent fast focus, burst, the fantastic screen, a wider lens and longer reach etc and for most people it does fine if you are not too critical.

However..if you already have an excellent camera such as the H2 or H5 then assuming you don't have a burning need for fast burst and a tilt screen or the wider view (which less face it is less likely since most buy a super zoom for, well zoom) the only real reason to upgrade is to get a camera that takes better pictures ie the quality of the images.

And thats the problem.

Take a picture with the H2 or H5

Take the exact same picture with the H9 ...

Umm, a bit of a step backward there.

Now its not really noticable at smaller print sizes, but when you compare A4 or bigger prints then thats when the image quality tells and indeed lets down the H9

Now if Sony gives us a firmware upgrade to tweak the noise reduction and compression issues that would be great.

You will still suffer with the raised noise (tiny sensor + more pixels = more noise), and with the corner and edge softness as thats poor lens quality/design not software, but most crop that out anyway so its of little issue, and the purple and green fringing can be fixed (mostly) in post processing.

So, give us a firmware upgrade,give us back fine compression, andlet us reduce the noise reduction and process it ourselves as we can do a better job manually that a "one solution fits all" computer program.

Hell if Sony is feeling generous perhaps it can give us a raw mode, if a Russian hacker can give the Canon S3 etc raw perhaps Sony can do the same for its own camera.

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote