Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 8, 2007, 7:13 PM   #1

I have ordered my h9 but i have to wait a while for it to be delivered up to 28 days.My employer uses a outside buisness to deal with long service awards so i cant just buy it off the net. I was wondering if anybody had tried to use the hd output yet, i see you must first purchase the hd cable and own a hd television to get this to work. i have read in one review that when playing a slideshow on the television you can play mp3 music at the same time,has anybody tried this yet
foxcub6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2007, 9:11 AM   #2

It is worth every penny. You will be amazed at what you see from your camera on your HD TV.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2007, 7:44 PM   #3

I haven't tried the music with playing my H9 photos on HDTV, but the photos themselves look great on my HDTV. I love the H9 with a HDTV slideshow. You will need to buy the following cable to hook up the H9 to an HD TV:

SONY VMC-MHC1 HD Output Adapter Cable

Mercurycu
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 8:59 AM   #4

I don't have the HD cable, so I can't vouch for the slideshow quality when viewed in HD.

But the slideshow feature is great. It has a variety of transition effects you can select from and there are a few default MP3's you can play with your slideshow. The music really adds something to the effect of the slideshow.

You can upload your own MP3's to the camera's internal memory, but I haven't done this yet.

The other thing I really like is being able to control the slideshow using the included remote control.
bradjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 9:00 AM   #5

Sorry, my browser hung when I posted my reply, refreshing the page resulted in these duplicated responses.

I can't seem to delete them myself.

Old Jun 15, 2007, 9:00 AM   #6

I don't have the HD cable, so I can't vouch for the slideshow quality when viewed in HD.

But the slideshow feature is great. It has a variety of transition effects you can select from and there are a few default MP3's you can play with your slideshow. The music really adds something to the effect of the slideshow.

You can upload your own MP3's to the camera's internal memory, but I haven't done this yet.

The other thing I really like is being able to control the slideshow using the included remote control.