Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 13, 2003, 9:43 AM   #1

Default V1 newbie!!!

I just bought a new V1 digicam last week! :lol: anyone of you know a site that's dedicated (tutorials, tips, accessories etc...) to the V1 camera??? After reading the manual, I feel that I still have alot to learn about it.

Thanks!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2003, 10:15 AM   #2

Don't know that digicam, but I can give you an advice!

The best thing- before even getting to know ones camera is to get to know photographing. Learn about aperture - shutterspeed as a minimun. After this you will have a more easy learning on your digicams.

Congrats!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2003, 7:01 PM   #3

Hey Rockinrobin

I just got my brand new V1 today!!! – The manual pretty much tells you what its got but not really why you would use it or in what situations certain settings are best for. :?

I am a complete newbie too but like technology and know my way round Photoshop.

What I really need is a ‘Digital/Basic Photography for Dummies’ :lol: Book. – Hey Klaus DK, point us to any good web or book sources. :?:

PS – RR lets use this thread to keep updated on how we get on with this little beauty of a camera

Andy Campbell 8)
Scotland
Andycam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2003, 2:12 AM   #4

Andydam.

Why not try the website below this text ? Go to photoifo - aperture!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2003, 10:06 AM   #5

Klaus DK,

Thank you for the link!!! You are right! I really need to understand the definition of aperture or shutter speed etc... When I was reading the manual I could not understand a thing about the manual operation of the digicam. I'll try to check out the site later and hopefully I learn something from it.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 10:15 AM   #6

Andycam,

what accessories do you have for your camera? I'm planning to buy a camera case but I still don't know whether to get a sony case or a different brand.

By the way, have you tried the macro feature already? I didn't see any difference when I turned-on the macro button.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 4:38 PM   #7

Hi

Not bought any accessories yet but will probably get a small bag, extra battery and charger, and a 256 memory stick. Also want to buy a wide angle adaptor lens but I noticed a post about some wear and tear this might cause. :?

I’m off to Japan in October so I will probably pick this stuff up then (except bag - Highstreet probably) – should be cheaper in Japan.

Ive only taken a few shots of the family and I am blown away with the quality and resolution of the camera. I put it through my 36” wide screen TV, zoomed right in on the image and it was pin shap with no pixcelation. :shock:

I am so glad I bought this camera – RU from the UK?
Old Aug 14, 2003, 4:40 PM   #8

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=13077

is this a real issue??
Old Aug 14, 2003, 4:43 PM   #9

rockinrobin,

I first brought a Lowepro case for my V1, and while I thought it was OK, I brought the Sony V1 case as soon as I saw it. It looks much better and is a much beter fit, in addition to being smaller than the Lowepro.

The Sony also has pockets for a spare battery and memory stick. Even though it may cost a bit more, it's worth the extra money.

I also brought a spare battery and charger, which I dont see how you could be without.
montyman198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2003, 4:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycam
http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13077

is this a real issue??
Andycam,

Unfortunately I think it might be. I took my camera back to the Sony service centre where they acknowledged the problem.

The camera lens button still works (for the time being) and the Sony agent has recorded the problem on the Sony worldwide database. They suggested I continue to use the camera, and if the button stops working they will repair it, regardless of the warranty period.

If they get too many complaints they will have to remanufacture the part from a more durable material and offer it to anyone who wants it.

I dont regret buying the lens because the difference between 34mm and 23.8mm is quite significant! (35mm equivalent).

If you purchase the lens, and have a problem, report to Sony, so you'll be covered in the future.

I intend to purchase the telephoto lens in the near future, which isnt so bad because it doesnt use on the button.
montyman198 is offline   Reply With Quote