Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 10, 2007, 6:49 PM   #1

http://media.sonystyle-europe.com/SonyStyle/DSC_H_series/index_en.html

having never taken a nightshot ithought i would give it a go.in my opinion i dont see the point i also find the sony add a bit missleading
Attached Images

foxcub6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:53 AM   #2

I have tried differently in nightshot... but did not use the nightshoot (IR) of my H9. I find IR shot in H9 too noisy though.

Hope you like it.
1st

2nd

H9, VCL-DH1774 - NewBie H9 Owner

icecoldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 1:28 PM   #3

Many thanks to foxcub and ice cold blue for the night shots-

I had been anxious to see some night shots from the H-9. Can I assume that they were both taken on a tripod? I have taken most of my night shots on a tripod at the lowest possible ISO setting. That has seemed to give me the best night shot quality. Can I ask the ISO settings used in these two photos?

Here is another night shot sample. This Hoover Dam which is located near the Arizona-Nevada border, and due South of Las Vegas.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 2:32 PM   #4

Thanks for sharing Sarah Joy... by the way my name is Carlos

I don't have a tripod that time a shot it with slow shutter speed but I place the came on a flat surface and shot it with a timer to avoid camera shake.

I bougth a tripod last week and make a bean bag just this evening... actually I bought some beans and ask the tailor to made me one (bean bag) lol :lol:... I will try to shot with tripod and bean bag and will post soon maybe tomorrow if the moon will appear here in UAE during the lunar eclipes...

good to see more of your post in the future....

here are some pics I would like to share... please feel free to comment..

macro shot.

H9 + VCL-DH1774 (hand held as don't have the tripod then)

Hope the OP will notmind if I post some regular pics aside from night shot..

H9,VCL-DH1774 - nEWbIEfrm Abu Dhabi

Old Aug 27, 2007, 4:52 PM   #5

Carlos-

Thanks for your reply and for posting more photos. I sincerely feel that the tripod and the bean bag will be valuable assests for you. Your night shot and photos #1,#3, and #4 of this series seem to show a tiny bit of camera movement. I contrast, your #2 photo is quite a bit sharper.

Perhaps the issue is camera movement, as it seems to appear. When releasing the shutter on your H-9, please be sure to "squeeze off the shot" rather than pushing or jabbing the shuter release. What that means is that you apply gradually or slowly increasing pressure until the shutter does release. To obtain an absolutely smooth photo taking operation.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:25 AM   #6

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Carlos-

Thanks for your reply and for posting more photos. I sincerely feel that the tripod and the bean bag will be valuable assests for you. Your night shot and photos #1,#3, and #4 of this series seem to show a tiny bit of camera movement. I contrast, your #2 photo is quite a bit sharper.

Perhaps the issue is camera movement, as it seems to appear. When releasing the shutter on your H-9, please be sure to "squeeze off the shot" rather than pushing or jabbing the shuter release. What that means is that you apply gradually or slowly increasing pressure until the shutter does release. To obtain an absolutely smooth photo taking operation.

Sarah Joyce
Thanks for the Tip Sarah... I will keep that in mind... and will definitely try your recommendation next time I shot some night shots. Regarding the birds... its hand held and other shot as I don't have my tripod then but now I have both the tripod and the bean bag hope I will reduce that camera shake.