Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:00 PM   #41

Yes I agree I don't think I have seen any bashinghereand I hope it stays that way. This is a great forum and great people posting here. To bad we all don't live closer it would be a blast for all of us to get together and shoot for the day.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:06 PM   #42

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
cyber-

What Sony really has is a PR problem. It was generated in large part by the folks over on the Sony Talk Forum. No, I now believe that the H-9 is not perfect, but none the less, a very good camera.

It was good enough to me, that I purchased a Sony H-9 camera. Need I say more?

Sarah Joyce

Is itso much that Sony has a PR problem or is it just aSony Talk Forum problem? I have went to that forum I am not impressed with it.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:09 PM   #43

Cyberf828 wrote:
Quote:
Yes I agree I don't think I have seen any bashinghereand I hope it stays that way. This is a great forum and great people posting here. To bad we all don't live closer it would be a blast for all of us to get together and shoot for the day.
I have really enjoyed everyones pictures. You guys just blow me away. I'm a family photo hack by comparison. Heck...I even like the face recognition software. :-)

I just want to enjoy my hobby and talk about my cameras. Maybe one day I will take the plunge and get a DSLR. I used a Maxxum Pro SLR for film. The thing I am enjoying most about my digital cameras is the Live Preview. I love it! (And the instant gratification of digital photography.) When I can find a smallish sized DSRL that does Live Preview as good as a bridge camera, has IS in the body, dust cleaning, articulating LCD, andLive preview without a bad lag (I tried the Oly 510 at BB last week , then I might get a DSLR. Till then I am havig a blast with my Sonys and Panys.

Chrystie
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:21 PM   #44

<<Is itso much that Sony has a PR problem or is it just aSony Talk Forum problem? I have went to that forum I am not impressed with it.>>

I thinkSony hasa PR problem thet is in great part caused by that forum. I think Sony can fix most of the complaints in the next H flagship by allowing the NR to be turned off. Pany has the smearaing issue (watercolor pictures) far worse with their Venus III engine, but their Pany forum didn't go apeshit like STF. The problem was noted by users, and I believePany's latest bridge cameras allow the NR to be turned off. The Oly SPUZI had some issues, but the pictures posted on the Oly forum showcase what can be done with that marvelous little camera. It's the STF that seems to be off in the vaporware of expectations from a bridge camera.

IMHO, the other problem is that some folks, even including some pros, wanted the H9 to be the magic bullet that gives 90% the performance capabilities of a DSLR with multiple expensive lenses. Some people just got quite bitter when it didn't.

Chrystie
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:27 PM   #45

Mercurycu wrote:
Quote:
Cyberf828 wrote:
Quote:
I have really enjoyed everyones pictures. You guys just blow me away. I'm a family photo hack by comparison. Heck...I even like the face recognition software. :-)

I just want to enjoy my hobby and talk about my cameras. Maybe one day I will take the plunge and get a DSLR. I used a Maxxum Pro DSLR for film. The thing I am enjoying most about my digital cameras is the Live Preview. I love it! (And the instant gratification of digital photography.) When I can find a smallish sized DSRL that does Live Preview as good as a bridge camera, has IS in the body, dust cleaning, articulating LCD, andLive preview without a bad lag (I tried the Oly 510 at BB last week , then I might get a DSLR. Till then I am havig a blast with my Sonys and Panys.

Chrystie
I so far love having my Canon 30D its been great so far. I have my first shoot with it this Saturday shooting a dog festival.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:34 PM   #46

Mercurycu wrote:
Quote:
<<Is itso much that Sony has a PR problem or is it just aSony Talk Forum problem? I have went to that forum I am not impressed with it.>>

IMHO, the other problem is that some folks, even including some pros, wanted the H9 to be the magic bullet that gives 90% the performance capabilities of a DSLR with multiple expensive lenses. Some people just got quite bitter when it didn't.

Chrystie
I don't think the point and shootcamera line will ever make a Pro DSLR happy LOL.

Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:38 PM   #47

<<I so far love having my Canon 30D its been great so far. I have my first shoot with it this Saturday shooting a dog festival.>>

You *gotta* post some pics from that! My entire family are "dog people". We showed dogs for years, but now we just have our family of shelties, Papillons and Chihuahuas as treasured companions. :-) I can post a picture one of my daughters took of her Chi with the H9, but I'll have to wait till I'm at home tonight.

Chrystie
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:43 PM   #48

The issues that the the h9 has smearing etc is this able to be fixed with a software update from sony? i dont here sony hitting the panic button either.
foxcub6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:44 PM   #49

I am shooting a rescue shelter fund raiser. One of my Huskies are from the rescue. It should be fun. I have been going to this for last few years.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 1:07 PM   #50

Well spoken, Chrystie-

Three cheers for your post. We really want to keep things cool in this Sony Folder.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote