Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 30, 2007, 1:07 AM   #51

here others h9 pics, also another motorcycle trip with rain, fog and cloudy:

chelopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 1:13 AM   #52

Chelopr-

Welcome to the group. Your photos are very good considering you are new to the Sony H-9. By taking more photos, we learn. I think you are doing the correct things to learn the camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 1:38 AM   #53

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Carlos-

I don't know that I can account for it, but there seems to be some loss of detail in your laughing bird photo. Was it at very long zoom? Or perhaps very long zoom and a bit of camera movement as well.

Please do no get me wrong, no criticism is intended at all. But normally I would expect this photo to be both sharper and more detailed.

Here is another photo that I found on the internet yesterday. It was also taken at full zoom, but there seems to be more sharpness and detail. Remember to "squeeze off" those shot, especially at or near full zoom.

Sarah Joyce
Thanks Sarah Joyce for noticing it... I am using a tele extender VCL-DH1774 and it was shot during a hot and humid day near a shore.. what you see in the background are intentionally blur and you see that tail of the bird is quite blur due to the wind not the camera shake as I was using a tripod when I shot the bird.... the blur on the background if I am not mistaken was called a "BOKEH" which will come up when your using a extension attached on the native lens. I also use spot metering and focus on the head of the bird that is why the concentration of the focus is on the particular area of the bird any how no offense....

Cheers....
icecoldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:59 AM   #54

Chelopr,

Nice set of photos, Welcome to the site, Please post alot of photos, keep them coming.
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:00 AM   #55

Thanks very much, Carlos-

...for explaining what was going on in that photo of the the bird that you call the laughing bird. My Goodness! That is reall a very shallow depth of field. You made the correct decision to put the camera on a tripod.

Here is another H-9 photo that I found on the internet from the H-9. It is a macro photo with an interesting geometric twist that uses the BOKEH effect as well.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 30, 2007, 7:09 PM   #56

Well the H-9 finally showed up, Hooray!

So here is the first photo out of the H-9 from yours truly.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 30, 2007, 7:19 PM   #57

Hi there :-)inew to this forum, i like the pics i have see from the H9 and H5. I am a H9 user, only been so for about 5-6 weeks now, i think its a great camera.

here is a shot of a spider :shock:that was only 4-5mm in size, was one of the first pics i took.

Hope you like it.
Attached Images

Mark100374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 7:28 PM   #58

Mark100374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 7:40 PM   #59

I only have a seven day evaluation perion on this H-9, so if I seem to deluge you with too many H-9 photos, please accept my apologies in advance. This is a macro shot from this afternoon. I think it looks pretty good.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 30, 2007, 7:54 PM   #60

Hello and a very warm welcome to Mark-

You will find this thread to be a warm and snuggy space for folks who really like their H-9 cameras. I will let each poster introduce themselves individually.

As for me, I am a Professional Digital Camera Instructor. I teach for our State University, our local Community College, and I do Digital Camera Workshops on cruise ships 7 to 8 months of the year. I have been a professional photograher for over 53 years, and just enjoy great digital cameras.

And yes, Mark, you should also know that I just purchased my H-9. It is an "e-bay gem" that came without battery, nor instruction booklet, but I got it at a good price. I can usually slog my way through any digital camera, so it shopuld really not be a problem. Although, I will readily admit that the so called, "new" Sony Menu on the H-9 is a bit of a challenge, but I will master it.

I will be here online until 09/23. Then my husband and I head out for a two month contract with Norwegian Cruise Lines, followed closely there after by a contract with Princess Cruises over Christmas and New Years. In January we are supposed to head for Australia and New Zealand, once again with Princess Cruises, but that is not yet finalized. Do you hear me Carol (who is our agent)?

Well anyway, that is me, Mark, once again welcome and come back to this thread often.

Sarah Joyce