Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:01 PM   #81

Hi all Some terrific photos getting sent into this site. Here are a few of down by the river Clyde Glasgow where many a famous ship was built. The First one is of the last of the heavy crains used when Glasgow had its docks ,now adays its went through major redevelopment and a new river side is borni Converted the photo to B&W Due to one of those horable grey colourless days
Attached Images

foxcub6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:07 PM   #82

The Second photo is again the crain with the new bridge across the river clyde.its known locally as the squinty bridge because it does not cross the river at 90 deg but almost diagonally
Attached Images

foxcub6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:28 PM   #83

Thanks for some really excellent photos, foxcub-

You are so correct. Many famous ocean liners were built in Clydeside, including the famous Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth.

Here is a H-9 photo that I feel really has some character to it.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 9:42 AM   #84

We have a short trip going to Dubai to visit the on-going GITEX, that was Friday 7th September and We plan to buy a laptop.

First Stop - Indian Restuarant on the way to Dubai, we have taken some kobus & a plate of curry flavored mutton.

This is the car that we used... Toyota LC.

This my uncle Ric.

Second Stop - EPOC Petrol Station in Dubai to buy as some water and to leak. lol

On our way to Dubai..

We finally arrive at Dubai Airport Expo for the Gitex Shopper... and guess what... we arrived too early the shop is still close.. :?

We decided to take our selves a snap shots before we leave the Gitex Shopper and decided to proceed to Lamcy Plaza to buy the laptop and forget about our stupidy by not checking first the schedule of the day... Friday shops open only by 3pm.. we arrive at around 11 am... LoL :?

My uncle Ric

Hey its me...

then.. on our way to Lamcy Plaza and take couple of shots.. on the road..

I did not take pics when we bought the laptop we have to find and look for a better brand... we finally choose Toshiba and grab it and went home...

Taken on a very hot day... notice the mirage...

Then finally to end all this short trip... upclose and personnal with yours truly hehehe lol

FIN...

icecoldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 5:04 PM   #85

Hi everyone. :-)

You guys are still torturing me with all the gorgeous beach pictures....

I went to Dragoncon over Labor Day weekend and you can see some of the pictures thatI took with my H9 and My Pany FZ20 at this link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Dragoncon is one of the largest Science Fiction Conventions in the US (in Atlanta Georgia) and these panels with the actors have as many as 600 people attending.

Some of the TV shows represented are Star Trek, Stargate, and Battlestar Gallactica.

Mercury :|
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2007, 9:33 AM   #86

Chrystie-

My husband, Bradley would have loved Dragoncom, as he is a big scifi fan. Those are excellent photos you posted of each speaker over on flickr. Our life has been kind of boring lately as I am getting the last lectures done for an upcoming 2 month contract that we begin on 09/24. It will be with Norwegian Cruise Lines and we join the Norwegian Dream in Europe for several cruises and then bring it back across the Atlantic. Before coming home, we head for NYC and do a 6 day Eastern Canada and New England cruise followed by a 15 day cruise from NYC to New Orleans. We will get home just in time for Thanksgiving with our children.

Then, in December we have a month's contract on the Diamond Princess to cover both Christmas and New Years for Princess Cruises. So essentially we will be busy once we leave on 09/24 through the end of the year. Here are a couple of photos:

This is the kind of weather (H-9 shot) we have had for about the last 10 days:

Here is a H-9 shot of Bradley.

And here is a shot of me with a Canon G-7 (used) that I just got:

Carlos aka IceColdBlue-

That was quite a trip you had to Dubai to search for a new computer. I loved the photos! I was able to see what those countries are really like, rather amazing.

Have you got the computer all set up now as you want it with all of your photos? I hope so, as setting up a new computer is always time consuming. I have to do the very same thing next week, as I have to switch over to a faster and larger laptop. With as much travelling as we do (usually 8 to 10 months per year) a desktop is just no longer practical.

Sarah Joyce

Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:04 PM   #87

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Chrystie-

My husband, Bradley would have loved Dragoncom, as he is a big scifi fan. Those are excellent photos you posted of each speaker over on flickr.
The cruises sound fun. :-)

The con pictures illustrate why the H9 is the first of the Sony H series thatcan equalmy pany FZ20 under the con actor panels conditions (rooms dimly lighted..speakers far away). I could never really use my H1 because it had half the flash range of the H9. The H5 had the better flash range (same as my FZ20) , but the flash recycle time was really, really, reallyslow. My Pany FZ20 focuses muchfaster than the H1 and H5 and the flash recycles very quickly.

For my purposes, the H9 far out performs my H1 and H5. It's the first Sony H that can go toe-to-toe with my Pany and give me good con pictures. :-)

Chrystie
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:26 PM   #88

Chrystie-

I do agree that the Sony H-9 is a very capable camera. The only area where the H-9 seems to stumble a bit it, is at full 15X optical zoom. I have gotten so that I just consider it a 12X optical zoom camera and I don't seem to find any problems with wideangle to 12X at all.

Here is a nice but unusual H-9 sunset for you.

Sarah Joyce