Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 7, 2007, 4:29 AM   #1

How do i adjust the frame size for the DCR-HC42E sony handy cam? I am using the aspect ratio of 16:9 . When I download the movie it comes in at frame size 320 x 240. Which is still an aspect ratio of 4:3.

While I download the film using USB. I would like to be able to adjust/change the frame size? Any help as to how I can do it?

Regards,

Anand

anandabrata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2007, 9:20 AM   #2

Hi when you down load the video you will req to set the software you are using to 16.9 i use ulead video studio 10

I think you may find usb is only for the stll pic you have taken you will poss have to use firewire cable instead I found this with my canon are you using tape or is it a direct burn to disc in the camera

foxcub6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2007, 3:51 AM   #3

I am using Tape and the software I am using is Picture Pakage which comes with the sony product. It does not give a option of choosing the frame size.

I am using USB and it works fine. Firewire would be only for higher quality. I am not sure incase any other download software will be compatible. Would you have any idea?

Old Sep 8, 2007, 6:18 AM   #4

not to sure as i have only used the ulead. ithink you can download a trial version on uleads website http://www.ulead.com/vs/
Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:11 AM   #5

Ulead sounds interesting. Tell me can you also set the frame size i.e say choose 320 x 240 or some other settings as desired while download from the tape to comp.

I checked the site and it says it is Video editing software, henceI wondering does it support the aspect ratio while making a movie or while downloading. Bcoz Adobe Premiere Pro is also an editing software and I haven't seen that it gives an option to downoad in particular frame size or aspect ratio.

Thanks for your inputs.

Old Sep 8, 2007, 5:06 PM   #6

yes you can do 4.3 &16.9 i would imagine the demo version does everything apart letting you burn to disc.I have vers no 10 i see they are up to vers11 now. You can split the video into frames and edit each frame or delete. You can also put text with several transitions between each scene. I add music aswell giving rather a pro Finnish