Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 21, 2003, 7:49 AM   #1

Default caution when buy in internet

why are there different prices of sony f717 ?
is there a fraud ?

when i buy in internet what are the cautions ?

thank You
freefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2003, 7:55 AM   #2

genrally speaking the internet is cheaper than high street shops. when buying use a credit card and look for more reputiable places and if you can talk to people who have bought from there, through forums and the reviews buyer write on the shop site.
i buy almost everything on the internet, computer bits camrea things...
look out for how much P&P is as some places look cheap but when you add P&P it not that far off high street price.
and one thing every one should know is " if its too good to be true then it isnt"
Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2003, 1:44 PM   #3

Do You advise me a list of internet shop for digital camera's ?

many Thanks
freefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2003, 4:51 PM   #4

sorry i live in the UK so diff shops, try looking at steves digicam dealers http://www.steves-digicams.com/digidealers.html
Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2003, 6:38 PM   #5

Freefish

Some of these cameras could possibly be a "grey" market camera. The problem with them, is that they are not covered under the Sony USA warranty, or the country that you live in. The warranty is only good for the country of original sale, and you have to ship it back to that location for all warranty work. That is how some get away with these lower prices. The best thing to do, in my mind, is to make sure that the dealer is an Authorized Sony Dealer. Some places are not, some are. Some other places will get you on shipping and handling charges. I have also heard of others trying to force people into extras that are not needed. If they don't buy the extras, they hold the shipment for a week or two. Yes, that is bad.

I have included a link of the Sony Authorized Online Dealers, these might only be for the USA. Also, you should see who Steve has in his list. Some other places to look are CNET, BIZRATE, and VERISIGN. You should also check the sites to make sure that they go secure when you are entering your personal data. I hope some of this has helped you.

http://www.sel.sony.com/cgi-bin/SEL/...gi/aid_list.pl

Bill
Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote