Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Sony (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/sony-34/)
-   -   'Bench Photography' - H9 Teleconvertor & VGA (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/sony/129598-bench-photography-h9-teleconvertor-vga.html)

nickphoto123 Sep 23, 2007 7:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

Once I got my H9 and the Tele-convterorI thought to myself 'I am going to gain weight with this camera, I don't have to move ( my butt )to shoot'.

Here are two shots from a park bench, just playing with my H9 Teleconvertor at VGA:

Straight from camera except resize and arrow markings.

The top is the overall scene at 50 mm to represent the actual propotions of the scene before me, the bottom is at VGA full tele-convertor.

( please note: the bottom images areNOT a crops, they are the full size images at full tele at vga )..I forgot to mention....Handheld.

My H9 still amazes me. Hope you find this interesting.

Nicholas

nickphoto123 Sep 23, 2007 7:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Image 2:

Regards,

Nicholas

Tuscola Jim Sep 23, 2007 8:25 AM

Very good shots, Nick. Resolution is still good at

full tele. Tks for sharing, Jim

Tullio Sep 24, 2007 1:04 AM

The first picture looks pretty decent at full telephoto but the second is very blurry and I would not consider itan usable image.

nickphoto123 Sep 24, 2007 6:58 AM

Hi Tullio,

The yellow barrier tape was constantly moving in a soft, constant breeze.

The images are usable for me as my purpose was to see what was in my view, my surroundings.

I didnot intend on printing the images.

The H9 can reveal your surroundings very effectively, in this sense they are very usable.

As soon as one selects the VGA image size all concerns for 'usability' are no longer important, IMHO.

Thanks for your comment.

Nicholas

Mercurycu Sep 24, 2007 11:55 AM

Cool shots Nick! The extra sure zoom on the H9 with a teleconverter does come in handy vs my 12X zooms. :cool:

Chrystie

Tullio Sep 24, 2007 11:59 AM

Well, if usability is no longer important, what is the point in using the feature, then? I can get my H1 and place two tele converters in front of it and then capture a littlebutterfly sitting on a leaf a mile away but the result is actually something that resembles a butterfly. Now, is that of any value? To me, it isn't.IMO, any image I obtain from my cameras has to be usable, whether I choose to attach a tele-converter on top of the 12x zoom or use any of the camera's capabilities (i.e. digital zoom). Magnifying an image 28xdoes not do anygood if the result is a blurry image. I don't really understand the excitement overthat second picture. Irregardless whetherthe image will be printedor not.One can read the script on the yellow banner but that's about it.

nickphoto123 Sep 24, 2007 7:09 PM

Tullio wrote:
Quote:

Well, .............One can read the script on the yellow banner but that's about it.
That is what makes it usable to me. I know what the tape said.

That was my only intention when I set my camera on VGA and took the shot.

Your saying ' one can read the script' makes me very happy I own the H9.

Thanks for the exhange of opinions,

Nicholas

Tullio Sep 25, 2007 12:51 AM

Actually, you can only read the very large letters. I'm still missing the point here. But I guess what's really important here is the fact that you are happy with your H9 and that's what counts. At least you and I share the same opinion about the R1!

nickphoto123 Sep 25, 2007 6:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tullio wrote:
Quote:

Actually, you can only read the very large letters. I'm still missing the point here.

Hi Tullio,

You are viewing a resized VGA image that has been posted here.

Here is the Original VGA untouched image.

You can read more than just the 'very large letters'.

To me the amazing thing is this shot was hand held at 700+mm equivalent:

Regards, Nicholas