Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 15, 2007, 1:34 AM   #11

"This will mainly be a night camera (parties, clubs, etc) but it's nice to be able to snap a quick picture in my apt as well."

For what you want to mainlyuse this camera for I would guess you chose the wrong one, the T200 has a slow lens f3.5-f4.4 has no aperture or shutter priority, the ideal one that can deal with high ISO is the Fuji F30/31 which are like hen's teeth to find new now, from what I've read on camera forums the new Fuji F50 would be far better than the T200 although not as good as the earlier Fuji's.

Taking 800 ISO shots usually requires PP and noise reduction, not sure if you are doing this ascan't read the EXIF on yourphoto's.

With the slow lens on the T200 Cyberf828 is most likely right with camerashake being your problem with blurryshots.

[b][b]my 2 cents

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 3:19 AM   #12

appreciate the reply. I don't think it's camera shake since I am taking the same exact photo with the canon camera. Im holding it the same, focusing it the same, etc. I can't believe that the canon takes that much better of a photo than the Sony. Look here again at the first two printer shots (http://picasaweb.google.com/JGFriedman/TestPhotos). You can barely read the word "Brother" on the Sony pic.

I literally think a camera phone would take a better pic. My two year old casio s600 exilim took a better photo. It makes me think that something is just really wrong with my specific camera--maybe I got a lemon.
DReborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 8:34 AM   #13

Found the Exif on your shots.

Canon used ISO200, aperture=f/3.5, shutter= 1/60th sec

Sony used ISO400, aperture=f/3.5, shutter= 1/40th sec

best advice is to see if you can exchange it for something else as your not happy with it.

Conclusion of Fuji F50fd from dpreview:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fuji...0fd/page17.asp

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 2:02 PM   #14

yep i know the Sony loves to kick up the ISO on auto. But that's the point of a point and shoot. I don't want to give it to my girlfriend and say, "hmm, it's a little dark and i know Sony will crank up that ISO, so honey go into manual mode, let's lock it in at ISO 80." Take a photo, oops too dark. "Ok lets try it at 200." Too blurry. Um...

The fuji looks good but for that size I might as well just keep the Canon which takes great photos. I just wanted something that was a tad thinner but took acceptable photos. I uploaded some more here: http://picasaweb.google.com/JGFriedman/TestPhotos

(girl with champagne and girl and guy standing next to eachother). These were not taken in a dark room by any means. It should not be that orange, washed out, or blurry.
DReborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 5:09 AM   #15

glad dat i read dis post about sony T200. now i change my mind not 2 get dis anymore and i'm thinking 2 get casio 1080 instead.
jared3105 is offline   Reply With Quote