Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:08 AM   #1

I am really disappointment with my H5. Almost every picture I take of people turns out blurry. I have a 2 yr old daughter and mostly try to take pictures of her. Forget trying to get a pic if she's moving AT ALL. Even if she does stay still for the pic, apparently what slight movement she does make causesit to be blurry. I guess this camera is really only meant to take still pictures of bowls of fruit!? :? Does anyone know of a way to take more clear pictures of people with the H5, or do I need to ditch this camera and get another. If I do have to look into getting another camera, what zoom camera is best for taking indoor and outdoor pictures of people that actually turn out clear without them having to stand still as a statue? I'm wondering if other people are experiencing the same problems with their Sony cameras?
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2007, 4:09 AM   #2

"I guess this camera is really only meant to take still pictures of bowls of fruit!?"

If you check out the dpreview review on the H5 you will find it got "Highly Recommended" as did the H2 and H1, it might be an idea to post an image with exif attached to see if it is a faulty camera or operater error, as I am sure many here as well as myself can assure you the H5 is a very capable camera and can do better than still pictures of bowls of fruit.
Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 5:26 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply and confirmation that the H5 should be taking great pics of people too. I definitely hope it is operator error, which is quite possible. I was just reviewing all the settings and buttons on my camera and noticed that my camera has accidentally been on burst mode, which looks like it causes the flash to not pop up. (I'll have to read more about burst mode in my manual.) I wondered why my flash never seemed to be going on. I switched it back to normal and went to take a pic and the flash popped right up. I'll try some more pics now with it on normal mode and see what happens.
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:54 PM   #4

I use my H5 to take pics of my kids (3 and half and 18 months.) On Auto, I get pretty good shots during daylight hours without using the flash. I rarely try to get them on "film" using the other settings. But if needed, the beach setting can some times get some good, indoor pics.
Macanudo is offline   Reply With Quote