Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 19, 2008, 5:05 AM   #1

Hi,

I would like to present you some of my work, all done with R1s and during the last two years.

I own three machines of this type by now, two other are on the way to the studio. My work is focussed on artistical and technical photography, cinema film business and some other areas.

In this time, I had never any problem with the machines. One of the cameras has surpassed 140.000 shots.

Here the links, if you are interested:

Main: http://furlock.zenfolio.com/

Beaches: http://furlock.zenfolio.com/p919268400/
and
http://furlock.zenfolio.com/p431895604/

Stills, portrait, urban, society: http://furlock.zenfolio.com/f255259072/
(some from 2005 and 2006 - F717)

A recent low light sample: http://furlock.zenfolio.com/p457545234/

Hope you enjoy the shots.

Best wishes and regards,

Miguel Furlock

This is the first time I participate in this forum, so if this insert is not correct or against forum rules, please delete it.

Furlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:42 AM   #2

Very nice. Welcome to the forum.
CB401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 4:04 AM   #3

Hello CB401,

thanks for the welcoming and comment. I saw in your profile that your worked for newspapers in the past. So did I, but that's a long time ago by now. Very nice time it was, so young and so little patient I was, ...)

Best regards,

Miguel
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:50 AM   #4

Welcome to the Forum, Miguel. Very nice work. You gotta love that R1! I have one and will never sell it.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2008, 6:00 AM   #5

Hi Tullio,

thanks for the welcome. Yes, I love that machine(s). The more I work with them, the better our relationship becomes, haha.

Too sad we can't marry...

Thanks for your nice comment on my work.

Kind regards,

Miguel
Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:01 AM   #6
TC3

Some good shots you have taken but it is not a PRO tool in my opinion. A top end dslr is a PRO tool
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 2:19 PM   #7

I do agree with your comment, TC, but only because you used the words "top end". If you had simply said that only DSLRs were PRO tools, I'd have disagreed. The R1 beats many DSLRs in terms of IQ.The R1has its limitations, such asbeing notas fast, no interchangeable lenses, slow focusing in dim light but it has lots of positives, such as an awesome 5x opticallens, great DR, lots of controls and features and an excellent SLR-size CMOS sensor. So, if we focus on the end results produced by the R1, IMO it beats the RebelXTi, the Nikon D40/D40x/D60 among other DSLRs. But again, this is my personal opinion.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:13 PM   #8

Hi TCR!

Thanks for looking. Regarding your comment about the R1, that you not consider a pro-tool, I'd like to understand what you think is a professional photographer. Could you outline this part a bit, if you don't mind?

Kind regards,

Miguel

Old Apr 11, 2008, 3:48 AM   #9
TC3

Furlock wrote:
Quote:
Hi TCR!

Thanks for looking. Regarding your comment about the R1, that you not consider a pro-tool, I'd like to understand what you think is a professional photographer. Could you outline this part a bit, if you don't mind?

Kind regards,

Miguel

Hi Miguel

Like i said in my opinion the R1 lacks features that a pro tool should have but this is of course my opinion.

I did not say anything about professional photographers. I will say that a professional should be able to get the most out of any camera and if you are a professional using the R1 then that is what you are doing.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 3:54 AM   #10
TC3

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
I do agree with your comment, TC, but only because you used the words "top end". If you had simply said that only DSLRs were PRO tools, I'd have disagreed. The R1 beats many DSLRs in terms of IQ.The R1has its limitations, such asbeing notas fast, no interchangeable lenses, slow focusing in dim light but it has lots of positives, such as an awesome 5x opticallens, great DR, lots of controls and features and an excellent SLR-size CMOS sensor. So, if we focus on the end results produced by the R1, IMO it beats the RebelXTi, the Nikon D40/D40x/D60 among other DSLRs. But again, this is my personal opinion.
I appreciate your personnel opinion. However i own a simple k100d dslr and it has better image quality at high iso and in my opinion no EVF can match a decent optical viewfinder. Then i have the option to use very fast glass as well as other types of glass. However lugging all the gear around can be a pain which is where cameras like the pro1 shine. Decent optics in a well speced body.

The R1 is a great camera that does what is was designed to do very well but it does have several limitations though i guess you gotta remember it is a few years old now.