Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:42 PM   #1

I've had my Sony DSC-W50 for about 14 months now so the warranty is done. Used it on Saturday to film my daughter's rounds and take pictures at a horse show with no problem. She uploaded everything to the computer that night and popped the battery into the charger to recharge overnight. Next day, we put the battery back in and tried to turn the camera on. The notation, "ACCESS" displayed on the LCD, the lens when in and out several times and then the message, "Turn camera off and back on again" displayed. Turning camera off and on again did nothing, got the same response. I did a search on the internet and the only thing I found was a reference to the camera not being able to access the internal memory. Can anyone shed some light on this?

(Sorry, subject line should be DCS-W50)
WildDare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2008, 5:41 PM   #2

It has nothing to do with the internal memory. It sounds to me like the lens position sensor went bad, you will most likely have to replace the lens assembly.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 6:04 PM   #3

Thanks CyberShotNut. I'm guessing that's likely to be more expensive than getting a new camera??
WildDare is offline   Reply With Quote